If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


Click the above button to link up.

1. Mayday! Mayday!...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate. Not counting all the times I get help from hubby for techy stuff, probably when we had to have someone come and work on our furnace.

2. May Day...when was the last time you danced? Probably my oldest daughter's wedding 3 years ago when my then 4 year old grandson asked me to dance with him. I don't dance but only for him. Do you have a lot of baskets? Several and most of them are Longaberger baskets. Some were gifts and some I bought while visiting the Longaberger factory. What's something you keep in a basket? Cards we receive through the year and then I go through them after the first of the year and enjoy them again and then get rid of most of them. What's your favorite purple flower? I love lilacs because they smell so good. I'm hoping mine will bloom this year. This photo is from my bushes from several years ago.



3. What's something you may do this month? Well, this first day of May we'll be taking Lucy to get her summer cut grooming. I know I have a mammogram scheduled and I'm sure there are probably a few more. As to something fun, we're planning to go to lunch with my sister and her husband on Friday. It's been several months since we've been out together.

4. Do you like eggplant? I don't know as I've never tasted it. Quick topic changes lol? I don't mind as this is pretty much how my brain works any more. If you said yes in answer to the eggplant question how do you like yours prepared? Of the following purple foods, which one is your favorite...plums, purple carrots, purple asparagus, eggplant, acai berries, blackberries, purple cauliflower, elderberries, purple potatoes, or passion fruit? Plums. I'm not sure I've had most of the rest of these.

5. The calendar turns on Hodgepodge Day... 
 
"Then you have to remember to be thankful; but in May one simply can't help being thankful that they are alive, if for nothing else."
-L.M. Montgomery

Tell us one thing you're thankful for today. I'm thankful to be alive and well.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Thank you so much for visiting,

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. Keeping cards seems a pretty good use for a basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lilac is so pretty. I so want a lilac tree here. I don't see them around and am not sure if maybe this isn't the best climate or soil for them. We have lots of crepe myrtles and dogwood here which I also love. And redbuds! They're another favorite. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 8 lilac bushes at the side of our house. Waiting to see if they'll bloom this year (the bushes are probably at least 25 years old). They usually bloom in late May, because the girls used to take a bouquet in to their teachers near the end of the school year.

      Delete
  3. I just googled "can lilacs grow in Alabama" and there are only a few varieties that can. Our climate is not suited to them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they grow here. Our bushes are at least 25 years old. I just hope they will bloom again this year.

      Delete
  4. Yes and Amen! I can't imagine how living in this world as it is today, without Jesus Christ. I feel for those who reject Him. I wish they would understand.
    I'm making eggplant parmesan tonight - not because of the Hodgepodge - I had picked one up a few days ago because I was craving it.
    I need to have a mammogram - I haven't had one in close to 10 years. I do the self-test - plus no cancer in my family. But still, I need to make it a priority, and perhaps you mentioning it is the catalyst I need to schedule one. In 2 years, I have 2 friends who had breast cancer.
    Thanks and have a awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when your daughter was married ... how can it be 3 years already?! You and Colton dancing sounds precious. One for the memory bank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so cute. I was sitting with hubby and Colton came up and asked me to dance with him. I said no at first because I really can't dance. But when he walked away, I thought I can't do that to him. So when he came by again, I told him I'd dance with him and out we went and within a couple minutes he was done and left me alone on the dance floor. lol A memory I will always treasure.

      Delete
  6. I love that quote you posted. I can't imagine a life without the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't sound like many of us are dancers! :) Lilacs are amazing. Wonderful quote from the pastor. So much to look forward to. Happy May to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, heaven will be so wonderful and there are so many people there I'm looking forward to seeing again.

      Delete
  8. I love lilacs and really miss them. They don't grow down here in central Florida. Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge and I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may not have lilacs, but you have so many beautiful flowers there. This was a fun group of questions.

      Delete
  9. That is sweet about your grandson asking you to dance. Lilacs are a favorite of mine. Hope your dinner was fun. That is a great thing to be thankful for..... being alive and well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy