If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge and Thankful Thursday

 

1. The Olympics kick off this coming weekend. Will you be watching? Hopefully I'll get to watch some of it, If you could watch just one event in person, which one would you choose? Ladies' Gymnastics - I would like to see Simone Biles.

2. Have you ever been to Paris? No Is this a city you'd like to visit? Not really. What's your favorite 'French thing'? I have no idea.

3. Macaron, creme brulee, chocolate soufle, mille feuille, or an eclair...your favorite French patisserie from the ones listed? Eclair

4. July 24th is National Cousins Day...do you have many cousins? Yes, I have lots of them.  Are you close to them? Some yes...Love them all, but don't get to see a lot of them very often. Will you see any of your cousins on July 24th? No, I didn't.

5. Last time you went somewhere that felt like 'everyone and his cousin' was there? Probably a graduation party a few weeks ago. Here are a group of the cousins who were there.  These are some of the cousins from my mom's side of the family. 


 
6. Insert your own random thought here. Adding my Thankful Thursday post here.

I am thankful for:

* Visit with daughter:  We had so much fun for those few days. 

* Bible Study:  Just finished the 2nd Bible Study with my daughter. "Gospel on the Ground" by Kristi McClelland. I'm thankful for the chance to actually do the last 2 videos in person. We actually have one more discussion to go to completely finish it.


* Crocheting: I've been enjoying crocheting a lot lately. I'm working on a pink baby blanket.




* Cooler Weather:  We've had a short time of a little cooler weather and I've loved that.

* Crown:  Finally got my crown finished and it feels pretty good. I hope I'm finished for awhile with seeing the dentist.

That's all I'll list for now.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers. That's a pretty good size group of cousins. How fun to do a bible study with your daughter. Oh boy. I just had a crown done yesterday. I have so many I could rule a few countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the crowns...way too many in my mouth. lol

      Delete
  2. I want to see Simone perform, too ... but there's no way I want to visit Paris.
    Your creations make me want to learn to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned when I was still in school, but there are some good teachers on YouTube, if you want to learn. I mostly just do the simple stuff, so I can talk, or watch TV while crocheting.

      Delete
  3. Yes, Simone is amazing! I like eclairs too. That's a nice family photo. So glad you had a wonderful visit with your daughter. I love that you did the Bible study with her. The blanket looks lovely. I need a hobby!!! Glad things went well at the dentist. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocheting is the one hobby I've stuck to the longest over the years.

      Delete
  4. So many thankful things today...and I enjoyed your Hodge Podge answers as well. I am curious - do you get the questions ahead of time...or on Wednesday mornings??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer. The Hodgepodge is fun. Joyce almost always posts the questions on her blog on Tuesday. Then we go and copy them and put them up on our blog on Wednesday. When she posts her answers on Wednesday, she has a link-up at the bottom of that post for us to be able to link up and also see who else has played along. Hope you will join in. If you click on that hodgepodge button at the top, it will take you to Joyce's blog or here's the link. http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/

      Delete
  5. Two memes in one! I enjoyed this! I want to see some of the women's gymnastics too. I really prefer the winter games to the summer. The weekend is nearly here!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a really good weekend too, Terri!

      Delete
  6. How special to be working through a Bible study with your daughter! enjoyed all your answers - hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy