If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Tuesday 4 - Great Architecture

 

Great Architecture

 

From Annie: "Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. She would be delighted you are here to join in and so am I.

The photo to the right is the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Newark, New Jersey.  It is the largest cathedral outside Europe . Not only is it beautiful inside and out but has a magnificent pipe organ   It's cornerstone was laid in 1899.

As  buildings go she is a masterpiece of great workmanship."



1. What are some beautiful buildings in your neck of the woods? As I was starting this post, I got these pictures from my brother. This is his home and he has just completely finished remodeling the whole thing and now they are going to sell. If anyone is interested, it lists Wed/Thurs. I think it's beautiful!





2.  What buildings of renown have you experienced or would like to experience? The Louvre? Maybe  Versailles? Things closer to home perhaps? Probably one of the most interesting homes I've seen is in Wisconsin and it is called House on the Rock. Here is a link to their website.

3. What do you think of the current trends in modern buildings? I think they are fine. Times are changing and so do building trends. I'm okay with change.

4. If you could choose any style home you would like, what would it be? Victorian, Farm House, Craftsmen, Ranch, Georgian, Tudor, Cape Cod? I've always enjoyed the Cape Cod style.  But I love our ranch a lot. At this time in our life, we definitely don't need anything with stairs.

Thanks for visiting and if you'd like to join in, here is the link.

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your brother's house, but like you, at this point in time, no stairs!! Hope he gets a quick sell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother's front porch is so welcoming, and I love the bathroom! At this point in our lives, I'm content with less space to heat and cool ... and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a ranch style home too. Your brother's home is beautiful! I miss my first home because it was a custom home built in the 1930's. This home and my last home are track homes. We wanted to paint this house, but we are going on a cruise instead. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That house is so beautiful. They shouldn't have any problems selling it. I agree with you, a ranch is perfect for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. his house is beautiful! Thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That house of your brother's is beautiful! He really did a great job of remodeling it! It's a shame to make it so nice and then move away! It reminds me on the outside of a house we owned in Ashland, Ohio. Very similar style. It had such beautiful woodwork (oak) inside too. But one bathroom and lots of stairs. Not a great house for folks our age! I'm with you... an ranch style is perfect. We have a manufactured home, which we still have to climb about 6 steps to get inside, and that is becoming too much for us, especially with groceries! We may end up putting a ramp outside, which would be easier to climb, but they are expensive to build! Oh well, such is life and getting old! I enjoyed your answers. It's good to have you back with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brother's home is beautiful!! This was a fun post!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.