If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Click above to link-up with Joyce.



1. What is a childhood habit or preference you will never outgrow?  Reading.  Mom had such a love of reading and she passed that love onto most of her children.

2. Did you know July is beans month? No  What's your favorite bean? green beans. Your favorite recipe that calls for beans? Soup beans made with Great Northern Beans.  When it comes to chili are you team beans or team no beans? I prefer no beans, but hubby loves the beans and he makes the chili, so I'm okay with beans in my chili.  lol

3. Some historical figures have a tag line after their name, something like 'the brave' or 'the wise' or 'the mad'...what would your tag line be? Cathy, the Questioner. Explain why? Because I'm always asking questions, just ask my hubby.

4. The way to my heart is Kind words of encouragement.

5. The calendar rolls into August this week, but before we go give us four adjectives that describe your July. hot, rainy, fun, family...while these are not all adjectives, they are what I think about looking back over the month.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

A recent memory verse. And it's been so
true during a hard situation we've been in
and actually still are.

So very true!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the words of wisdom. I'm feeling so stressed today and those helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they helped. Take care my friend and I will say a prayer for you.

      Delete
  2. Great Bible verses and wonderful reminders! I like beans in chili but, I, too would eat chili if I didn´t care for them if my husband was making the chili! I also started reading as a child and still do to this day. Reading didn´t even occur to me as an answer to question 1- not sure why!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been so thankful that mom was a reader and I believe because of that, I've become a reader too. It makes me very happy to be like my mom!

      Delete
  3. My mom instilled a love of reading in all of us too. And my girls love to read. Hubs has become a reader in retirement which is really nice. Have a great day Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever seen or had chili that didn't have beans in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading is a wonderful answer. I wish I would have been taught that as a child. For some reason I didn't think of green beans yet we eat them all the time. I could have said Green Bean Casserole. I like your tag line. Encouragement sounds great. Love your random quotes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your post, and I do like northern bean and ham soup in fall or winter time. And I guess I always thought that beans were what made chili chili! What else could it be without the beans? LOL. However, I'd probably be better off if I ate my chili w/o beans. LOL. I love the quotes at the end, and will pray for you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know that either of my parents was a big reader, but I'm so grateful they fostered that (love of books) in me. I wish my son and his family liked to read. Someday, perhaps. If they ever slow down. (lol)
    Love your last 'Reminder.' Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to read about the difficult times you are going through. Praying as I type that you will grow in the midst of the difficulties and persevere. Reading is a wonderful habit to be instilled. Take care and hope the last day of July is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good answers and I agree with your random thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes to a love of reading. I don't know where mine came from because I don't remember my mom every reading a book for pleasure but she encouraged me!! I enjoyed your answers to the Hodgepodge, Cathy! Have a good rest of thew week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy the questioner - that's cute! My husband is the question asker in our family...but I'm ok with that! As I am with beans in my chili. Especially if someone else is doing the cooking....make it however you like. Well, maybe no jalepenos!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your answers...Love that verse.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy