If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, August 5, 2024

Bits of This and That - Hello Monday


It's Monday and I'm linking up with Holly & Sarah for Hello Monday.  It's a beautiful morning outside, but it's going to be a hot day.  It's 9:46AM and it's 76 degrees already and I think hubby told me it's going to be in the 90's before the day is over.  We had a nice quiet weekend and I'm not sure if I took any pictures.  I'll have to check.

Most of last week, we did not have internet at the church due to a bad router.  That got replaced before Sunday, so everything worked well for the weekend.  Hubby worked at home for parts of those days.  

Friday we ran some errands and brought home some lunch from Noodles & Company and spent the rest of the day at home.  

Saturday we picked up his mom and went to lunch at Chuy's and she insisted on buying and said it was for our birthdays, as hubby and I are both August babies. As always, lunch was good and we had lots of good conversation.  I say that every time, but it is the truth.

Sunday, we had a good Sunday School and Morning Service and then came back for the evening service. I will post the video of the pre-recorded Sunday Sermon.  Here's a story hubby told in his service.  I don't know where it came from, but it almost made me cry.

While praying one day, a woman asked God “Who are you God?” He answered: “I am.”

 

But, Who is … ‘I am.’” She asked.

 

God said, “I am Love, I am Peace.  I am Grace.  I am Joy.  I am Strength.  I am Safety.  I am Shelter.  I am Power.  I am the Creator.  I am the Comforter.  I am the Beginning and the End.  I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.”

 

Tears came to her eyes.  She paused, and then she said “I think I understand. But who am I?”

 

God tenderly wiped her tears and whispered: “You are Mine.”


I don't know about you, but sometimes I just need to be reminded to not listen to satan's lies, but to remember God's truth and to know that I am His!

Here is the sermon video.



Oh, I guess I should also say, Sunday was my birthday.  I'm not ashamed to say I'm 67 (can't hardly believe that though).  I am just so glad for everyday I get to live on this side of the dirt.  We didn't do anything exciting for my birthday.  I did hear from both of the girls and also from my brother and my sister.  I received bunches of birthday wishes from friends and family on FB.  I even had 2 people at church sing "Happy Birthday" to me.  It was a great day and just the way I like to celebrate.  Our plans are to get a birthday cake at the end of the month, when hubby's birthday comes.  There is no way we need to have 2 cakes in one month.  lol

Well, that's pretty much my weekend.  How was yours?  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy



 

20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love that story you shared- so so comforting- thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I'm glad you liked it and I agree it is very comforting!

      Delete
  2. How did I not see your birthday on line yesterday. (FB is weird.) I hope it's the happiest of Happy "New Years" for you.
    That's a wonderful story Tracy shared. There's no place I'd rather be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have my birth date on FB. However I got lots of wishes because my sister and my cousin and hubby posted there, so everybody knew. I agree there is nothing I want more than to be His!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday I am going to be 64 in November. Seems like a great weekend and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I wished you happy birthday on Facebook as I wasn't online much this weekend. Happy Birthday! I agree...life is a gift and I'm grateful for another year too. I spent time with my mother-in-law this weekend and she's such a blessing to me. Have a nice week Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. I think you and I are both very blessed to have wonderful mother-in-laws!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! It's been hot like that here too... but I still prefer that over all the snow and ice in winter (which I keep trying to remind myself so I don't complain about all the heat and humidity!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...it's hard not to complain when it's like this. But all the seasons have good stuff and bad, I guess.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! Your celebration sounds perfect. That story! On Sunday our pastor spoke about that very thing. The title of his sermon was Son/Daughter-Brother/Sister, talking about our identity in Christ. It's indescribable to be His!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, happy birthday!! Nice that your MIL paid for lunch to honor your birthdays!! We are finally out of Debby's reach and the sun actually came out for a bit. It was a scary wet mess over the weekend. Wishing you blessings ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri and I'm so glad you came safely through the storm. Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Happiest birthday wishes to you!! Sounds like you had a nice day...and even some Chuy's to help celebrate!:) Here's to a beautiful year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Cathy! I will be 69 on the 12th and I share a birthday with my granddaughter. Two cakes sound find. I like the story you shared. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan and Happy Birthday (upcoming) to you and your granddaughter.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy