If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Currently - August 2024 and Wednesday Hodgepodge


Good Morning:  Welcome to the August edition of Currently! Here are the prompts for August. loving, looking forward to, scheduling, buying, and gearing up for.  Click on the blue Currently above to link up with Jennifer.

Loving:  watching reruns with hubby in the evening and crocheting...still working on that pink blanket.

Looking forward to:  the first week of September as hubby is taking a vacation and we plan to do some day trips and hopefully his mom with come with us.

Scheduling:  I need to schedule Lucy a Vet appointment as it's time to get her shots that are due and then I need to schedule her a grooming appointment.

Buying:  I bought 2 skeins of yarn yesterday to make a lap blanket to donate.  I love the yarn and I'm excited to get it started (but I have to finish the pink one first...lol)

Gearing up for:  Ladies Fall Bible Study - we're going to do Lisa Harper's "Luke, Gut Level Compassion".  Has anyone done this study?  What are your thoughts.

**************************************************************************************************************

Click above for the link-up with Joyce

1. What's a task you do on a regular (or semi-regular basis) that feels like it should be an Olympic event? Sweeping the floors.  It feels never-ending!

2. What's in the trunk of your car right now? I don't have a trunk as I drive a van.  But right now, There is an umbrella, an extra cane for hubby, a storage box that has a blanket and re-useable bags for shopping.  I also have a trolley cart as hubby purchased a table for use here at church and I used the trolley to get it inside.

3. Summer foods vs. fall foods...which do you prefer? 

 Would you rather:
watermelon or caramel apple? watermelon
iced coffee or pumpkin spiced latte? Neither
potato salad or sweet potato casserole? both please
barbecued ribs or roast turkey? ribs 
ice cream sandwich or apple pie? Ice cream sandwich, especially since I found a lower sugar one that's really good. 
corn on the cob or candy corn? Corn on the cob

4. August 7th is National Lighthouse Day. Have you visited any lighthouses? I've visited several, but I don't remember ever going inside one.  Do you have a favorite? Nope, no favorites, if it's a lighthouse I like it! Is a lighthouse something you seek out if you're visiting an area known for theirs? Sure, if I know we're fairly close.

5. Light at the end of the tunnel, out like a light, give the green light, a lightbulb moment, in a new light, in the limelight...of the 'light' idioms listed which applies in some way to your life lately? Explain. Out like a light as I didn't get enough sleep last night...I'm sure there will be a nap time declared and observed today! lol

6. Insert your own random thought here. I love this photo Kelli sent me of her and Colton.
Aren't they just the cutest!



Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll link in to both, Currently and the Hodgepodge.

Cathy

20 comments:

  1. Gosh, Colton is looking like a young man here ... not a little anymore!
    I'm leaning towards investing in a small trolly cart, hopefully to reduce the risk of Tom falling while trying to carry every stinkin' grocery bag at a time. I dislike sweeping and mopping the floors, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely growing up. He starts 2nd grade next week!

      Delete
  2. I have visited many lighthouses and I've never been inside of one either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful from the outside though, aren't they!

      Delete
  3. Yes they are indeed super cute. So many lighthouses don't allow you in, but there are a few who do, and I enjoy that. Have a great day and I do hope you get that nap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutie pie, that Colton! and your daughter is lovely too! Regarding sweeping the floors...Oh my goodness, since we got rid of our carpet and have all vinyl plank flooring (except in the two other bedrooms we rarely use), we are constantly sweeping up sand! We live in Florida, and we don't have any paved driveway or sidewalks around our house, so we walk through sand/grass/leaves/dirt and so much gets tracked inside, even IF we remember to drop our shoes at the door! Especially this past week with all the rain, the dirt sticks to the shoes even more, and then later when it dries and you put on your shoes, the dry sand falls out onto the floor. And if the kids/pups come over, well, never mind, you get the idea. It's a constant battle. Hubby is about ready to put carpet back in, but I remind him, then all that sand is going into the carpet, and then what about the spills of coffee, tea, etc., because we like to eat in the living room? LOL. On and on...Okay, I said enough. I enjoyed your post and yes, lighthouses are wonderful to see. Never been inside one either, but it would be interesting to do!! There's one in St. Augustine that you can climb up the stairs to the top inside, but I could never make it. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just curious, do you like your vinyl plank flooring?

      Delete
  5. Yep, on sweeping the floors. I have a cat we brush every day, but we're still sweeping up cat hair—and we have a black lab. And we have dust bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a cat, but I have a dog who tracks in a lot of stuff and we fight dust bunnies too. lol

      Delete
  6. Sweeping the floors. Definitely endless. And no medal at the end - lol!! I have not heard of that Bible study but it is fun to have one nailed down, isn't it? I hope you will periodically share some of the nuggets you have gained along the way...during the study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's very good to have it picked out. I've already done the first week's lesson and I think it's going to be a really good one.

      Delete
  7. Cute. I love getting random photos sent to me of loved ones. So many good options for house chores that feel like a marathon! Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great photo of your sweet ones!! I enjoyed my visit with you here, today! The Hodgepodge was interesting. Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I hope you two (and Mom) have a wonderful week of vacation in September. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your day trips. Enjoyed reading your answers and love the photo of Kelli and Colton.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I visited my best friend yesterday and she was finishing up crocheting a blanket and it was gorgeous. Handmade gifts are so precious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy