If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Thankful Thursday

 



It's been several weeks since I've written a Thankful Thursday post.  Here are some things I'm thinking of this morning that I am thankful for.

*Beautiful Weather:  The last couple of days we've had a little bit of cooler weather and I think it's going to be even better this weekend.  I've been a little lazy lately about walking.  Part of the reason, is the heat, but mostly just my laziness.  But we did it today (me and Lucy) and I'm so glad that we did.  I always feel so much better when I just do it!

My favorite flowers (morning glory) We saw these this morning on our walk.

*Family:  I'm so grateful for my husband and my girls and my grandson and our extended family also.  Each one of them are so very special to me.

*Church:  Our church family is very special to me too.  We have some really great prayer warriors who are so faithful to pray for each other.  This means the world to me.

*Scripture:  One of my favorites right now is Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."  When I'm getting upset and fearful about hard situations, Jesus is bringing this scripture to mind and it certainly helps me to calm down and trust Him.  I'm not perfect at this, but I'm getting better.  The other night I was starting to get upset about something a family member is going through.  Tracy and I were watching TV (well actually I was worrying and starting to feel fearful), I asked hubby to stop the show and asked Him to pray right then for me to calm down.  He did and more importantly, God did help me. We went back to watch the show and I was calmer and I even slept really well that night.  Thank you God for proving your word and your promises will never fail.

I'll stop here and ask you, What are you thankful for today?

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. We had slightly cooler weather these past couple days and since it wasn't raining this morning we went out for a nice hike. It felt great to be out and about again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The morning glories are so pretty! I love that Tracy never thought twice about stopping what he was doing and prayed for you. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that verse in Isaiah, too! There's a song by Toby Mac that I love right now called Rest, and that verse is quoted in the lyrics. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy