If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Tuesday 4 - A Little Tea Party

 

A Little Tea Party


From Annie: "Welcome back to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
For my southern friends.. I pray the weather lightens up on you all.  I know it's been a very rough summer heat wise.  Let's pray together for a solution.

This week could we talk about your personal thoughts?"  

1. Do you find yourself day dreaming about your situation and things you would love to do if only...? Sure I do sometimes, doesn't everyone.

2. If you are having tea/coffee, a little break in the day does your mind wander off to other thoughts and meditations. Yes

3. Do you find yourself meditating or revisiting in your mind a scripture, verse from a book you've read and it's impact on you?  I've never really thought of it as meditation, but I do love it when scripture pops into my mind and I have time while relaxing to think about it.  However, I must be honest and say that I believe that my mind has ADD and I find myself getting distracted pretty easily.

4.  Do you find yourself sometimes replaying conversations with others?  Yes, but I try not to stay there very long, especially if they have upset me and I want the chance to defend myself.  I'm learning, it's better not to keep going over and over, but instead give it to God and let him defend me, if needed,  Are there books or movies that stay vivid in your mind? As I said above, I think I have a little ADD and I can read a book and absolutely love it and then a year later, read it again and realize I've forgotten a large part of it.  

Thanks for the questions again this week, Annie.

Have a great day!

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, I understand the ADD thing. When I think of meditate, I think of the word focus or to dwell on something. I can get distracted with other thoughts, but then I remember the verse that says take every thought captive. I try to remember a verse that points out truth. It's hard to do, but important. I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you are saying. Very good. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Thoughtful responses! All the time I replay conversations in my head; I'm my own worst critic. One of these days I'll hopefully learn to let go of the pen and hand it to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to do that too much, but I'm a work in progress and I still often do that.

      Delete
  3. Good responses! And I am like you on books...I used to say I wouldn't read the same book more often than every 5 years so that I wouldn't remember the plot. But now I could probably read it every month and not remember it. LOL. One of those aging things I guess. LOL. Loved your answers. Good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers! I had a tough time with this one. Brain wasn't working last night! LOL Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your answers. I think a lot of people suffer from ADD or ADHD so I sympathize with you. I don't think I have either of those but I know people who do. I think that many of us forget the details of books we've read in the past. I usually remember I really liked a book or movie and why but most often can't remember too many details. I think it's okay to enjoy something in the moment. At least that's what I tell myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been diagnosed with ADD, but I just feel like the older I get, the easier it is to get side-tracked.

      Delete
  6. I was never diagnosed with ADHD or ADD but our youngest son was. I never believed the nonsense the public school said about him as if he had an illness. He graduated on the Dean's List from a Christian university. I think aging makes me second guess myself but I try to roll with it. I can remember stuff from my childhood but what I did yesterday hmmmm........ Great answers. I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy