If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What is one cliche you think is nonsense? Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never.  I remember this from my childhood.  But I've learned words can hurt very much and maybe sometimes even worse than broken bones. What's one you think holds truth? Laughter is the best medicine.

2. What's the last thing you broke and how did it happen? Can't think of anything right at the moment.

3. Are you a fan of s'mores? Not really.  I like the components, but I think they are just too messy to eat.  Have you had a s'more this summer? No Last thing you ate that you wanted to ask for 's'more of'? Chicken and Dumplings from Cracker Barrel    

4. A mode of transportation you've never tried? A Taxi Cab  Will you someday? I don't know.

5. Believe it or not, next week's Hodgepodge lands in a brand new month. What's your happiest memory from the month we're bidding adieu? Our Birthdays  

6. Insert your own random thought here.

10 comments:

  1. I've ridden in many taxis. Some were definitely better than others! Scariest ride of my life was in a NY taxi back when my girls were babies. The driver was an absolute maniac. I haven't had Cracker Barrel chicken and dumplings in a long time. I enjoy them, but if we stop at CB it's usually when traveling and that feels too heavy to eat when I have to sit in the car for hours. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound scary. I rode in my first Uber when in Texas last year. We did it twice and it worked out pretty well.

      Delete
  2. I've only ridden in a few taxis but, from my experience, I can say you probably have not missed anything!! Funny that no one seems to have broken anything lately!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't have any desire to ride in one.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, words definitely hurt and they can leave long lasting scars too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of cliche, Cathy. I agree, words can wound deeply.
    I'm not particularly fond of s'mores either. One and done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good one you picked. I also agree with Laughter is the best medicine! Yes, s;mores are messy. Your meal sounds so good at the Cracker Factory. That's something never taking a taxi. Happy Birthday! Love your random. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers to the cliche question! I forgot about the sticks and stones. You know that thing that turns me off about s'mores is where they are eaten and the sand and the dirt and the sticky fingers with nothing to wash those fingers off with. Oh boy, forgive me for going off on that treat here. :)
    Chicken and dumplings sound delicious. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh!! I forgot to say I've ridden in a taxi but I've never done Uber or Lyft. Didn't even think of them. This was a fun Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another vote for laughter is the best medicine! Chicken and Dumplings from Cracker Barrel, yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy