If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Thankful Thursday


 Things I'm thankful for:

    *  God is always with us - He doesn't always take us out of our problems, but He always will walk through them with us.  (How do people live this life without Him)

    *    Day trip we took yesterday to a small area of Amish stores and some residents.  We went to a General Store and a Bakery.  I bought some cheese, ham, butter,  yellow tomatoes, chia seeds, and whoopie pies.  It's been quite awhile since I've had a whoopie pie and it was delicious!

    *   On this same trip, we saw the cutest thing.  As we were heading back towards home, we were behind a school bus.  They stopped, and as we were watching, about 7-8 little dogs came running down the driveway towards the bus and the child getting off.  They were the cutest little things and they just looked so happy running toward their child.  This scene just made us all so happy.  Puppies are the best and I'm so thankful for ours too.  

    *   My new yarn winder.  I ripped out the afghan I was making and rather than winding them in balls, I instead used the yarn winder.  It's actually kind of fun and it is so fast and easy.  I'm also using it to wind up my partial skeins of yarn, so I can neaten up my yarn stash storage shelves. This is good because, it's fun, it's helping me to get the restart on my afghan, plus it's helping me with cleaning up my craft room.






    *    Always my family, friends, and you, my blogging friends.

So what are you thankful for this week?  I would love to hear about it.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


8 comments:

  1. My mother would have loved one of those winders!
    Today I'm super thankful for the long-standing tradition my BFF in Florida and I share: Calling to chat on the first Thursday of each month. Today was almost 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome. Today I'm meeting a couple of former co-workers. I've been enjoying getting together with them from time to time. We were together for so many years and it's fun keeping up.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice time at the Amish community. Sounds like you did some good shopping!! Oh, the vision of those puppies running out to meet their friend...so sweet. I just pray they stay out of the street!! Your yarn winder looks like it would be a big help. I don't do any knitting, etc., so I don't have any ideas about it except that if I did, I would need all the help I could get! LOL. I am thankful that we have had a really good rain today. We really needed it, and it lasted a nice long time. Still Waters Pond is happy. I just wrote about some other things, but mainly I am thankful for Jesus My Savior and for all that He does for us. He gives me strength from day to day!!!Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing I noticed, they never came all the way out to the road. The stopped aways back. So glad Still Waters Pond is happy, cause I know that makes you happy and me too when you post pictures. Can you send some of the rain this way? We need it here really bad. Our grass is turning brown.

      Delete
  3. Awww... puppies!! Puppies, kittens, and babies - how can you not smile?! Glad you have your yarn winder. It seems like a great tool to have!! I enjoyed your thankfuls list!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of a yarn winder. I only know how to knit a scarf, I find it relaxing. I have lots of yarn so I plan to knit a few scarfs for Christmas gifts. I better get going! Glad you got to go to Amish country.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy