If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge and Currently - September

 

Click above for Hodgepodge Link

1. Something you're working on currently?  A crochet pink baby blanket   

2. Tell us something about your first job? I got my first job the week after I turned 16.  I worked at Kings Island Amusement Park in a gift shop located in the front gate area. Was it a positive or negative experience for you?  Positive.  Did your parents insist you work while in school (either high school or college) or did you work because you wanted to? They did not insist on me working during school, but they let me and even drove me there part of the time because I did not have a license, let alone a car.  

3. Have you ever had a job that required overnight travel?  No, except for some of the training I did for the police department required me to go to an academy and stay overnight.   How did you feel about that? It made me nervous, but it was good.  Have you ever had a job that required you to wear a uniform? Yes, I wore a uniform at Kings Island and I also wore a uniform for some of the years I worked at the police department (see photos below).   Do you work better in the morning or at night? I prefer mornings.  I hated when I had to work midnight shifts from midnight to 8:00 am.   
  

4. What's something you bake or cook that is labor intensive? Lasagna Is it worth it? My husband thinks so. 

5. One thing you're looking forward to in the month of September? Our upcoming women's Bible Study which starts next week.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. My random is the September Currently post.


Click above for the Currently Link

Welcome to the September edition of Currently! Here are the prompts for September:  
loving, looking forward to, smelling, watching, and admiring. 

Click on the blue Currently above to link up with Jennifer.


Loving:  The Linda Ford books I've been reading lately, you can see them in my side bar.

Looking forward to:  I'm writing this late Tuesday night.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow as we're (being Tracy, his mom and me) meeting my sister and her husband for lunch and then we're heading to a town called Bainbridge.  We've heard there are some Amish there and we're going to do a bit of exploring.

Smelling:  Not much of anything, as I lost most of my sense of smell and have never gotten it back.

Watching:  NCIS, CSI Cyber, Cold Case and documentaries here and there.

Admiring:  These photos of the Ohio River and these old buildings beside it.
 We took a drive along the river yesterday. It was a gorgeous day.






Thanks for visiting.
Cathy

14 comments:

  1. I don't know if I remember reading you worked for the police department! This is a gret time for bible study's to begin and I have loved being a part of those. I hope y'all enjoy your day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I started there at age 19 and retired with just over 45 years.

      Delete
  2. You were so cute in your uniform! Did you have to have it dry cleaned or was it something you could wash yourself (and then iron!) I wouldn't like that! LOL. Love the pictures of the old buildings and the river. So beautiful. Did you find the Amish in the area where you went? I love seeing them in their horse and buggies clip clopping along the road, and seeing their beautiful clean white farm houses and the men working in the fields with their big draft horses. I do miss seeing that. We don't have and Amish farms here, although I do know there are are some Amish areas down on the gulf coast, but I don't think they are farming there. Not sure what they do! Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be heading out in just a few minutes to go. Hubby thinks it may be more Mennonites than Amish. We will find out. As to my uniform, the city paid for them to be dry cleaned, but I always washed my own. Mostly if I got them out of the dryer quickly, there wasn't too muich ironing.

      Delete
  3. The old buildings are beautiful as is the drive along the river. Enjoy your outing today. I remember as a kid we used to drive up to Lancaster PA and eat in the Amish restaurants there. We loved seeing the Amish with their horses and buggies. And the food was always so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been to Lancaster once and we loved it. Hoping sometime this fall to hit Holmes County here in Ohio as there are a lot of Amish up there.

      Delete
  4. I like your pictures! Sorry you lost your sense of smell. I hope you can still taste. Have fun on your outings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes I can still taste, thank goodness.

      Delete
  5. Oh I am such a better working during the morning/day than I am in the afternoon/evening! I don't feel like lasagna is super labor intensive (probably because I enjoy it) but I feel like meatloaf sure is (an item I don't really enjoy eating). LOL. I guess the second part of that question-- "is it worth it" makes a huge difference on my perception of the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so sharp and professional in that uniform, but man, it looks like it felt a little uncomfortable? I hope your day out with family was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated wearing it, but it sure saved on the wardrobe. lol

      Delete
  7. The gift shop sounds like a fun place to work. I like what you said about your job at the police station. It sounds so interesting. Enjoy your bible study. Yum on the lasagna. I haven't made any in a long time but Adam makes a fabulous one. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ENjoyed your answers. I like the shows your watching. THose are right up my alley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy