If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, October 4, 2024

Friday Favorites - October 4, 2024

 



Andrea and Erika

It's been a pretty good week. And today I am linking up with Friday Favorites.

Potato soup is a favorite this time of the year.  Who am I kidding?  Most soups are a favorite for me in the fall and winter.

I made a pot of potato soup.  Yummy!

And I have leftovers! 
I had a cup for my breakfast this morning and
still have enough for another small serving.


Watching Fall-themed Hallmark movies and crocheting is a favorite for me.


I was in the office at church the other day and had everything caught up, 
so I found a good Hallmark movie and watched that and did some crocheting.

Puzzle working is a favorite for me at this time of the year and all through the winter.

I finished this puzzle last night and will be heading to my sister's today to
pick up four more to work.

Lucy is definitely a favorite for me.

Took Lucy to the vet yesterday to stay overnight to have her teeth cleaned.
She was nervous but very excited to be in the car going somewhere. 
I'm on hold on the phone with them right now, waiting to here how she
did and when she can come home.  We'll be picking her up at 2:00
which gives me time to run some errands first.
 
Thanks for visiting today.  Hope you have a great weekend!

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. Hope Lucy does not hold a grudge....tricking her like that! LOL I'm sure she will get plenty of snuggles this evening - while you watch a good movie. Which one has been your favorite so far this season? We have watched two but neither have been great. Just ok. Hope you have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been such a sweetheart tonight. She's been messed up a little because of the sedative, but is slowly all that is clearing up. And she's had tons of snuggles all afternoon. I watched Pumpkin Wars and enjoyed that. Nothing spectacular but fun to watch. Last night we watched Mystery by the Book on the Great American Family Channel. We both liked it. We also like to watch the Hallmark Mystery Channel. Hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  2. The soup looks delicious. I always enjoy watching the new Hallmark movies. What a lovely puzzle. I love seeing Lucy. She is so cute. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it. Getting ready to start a new puzzle shortly. And thank you, We do love Lucy!

      Delete
  3. I love soup too and your potato soup looks delicious! Sweet puppy!! They don't understand when we have to do things to help them. Your crochet project looks soft and lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's good and it's so so easy. That yarn is so soft. Can't wait to finish so I can gift it.

      Delete
  4. I just made a big old InstantPot full of detox soup yesterday ... tis the season! I hope Lucy's feeling okay this evening? Our girls are due to have their teeth cleaned on the 24th and I can't help but fret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little concerned because she's getting so old. But she's doing okay. Thank you Lord.

      Delete
  5. Soup and puzzles are such good winter things! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, that potato soup looks so good. It is getting to be soup season. Even though it is still kind of hot here in Florida, it just sounds good and looks good and is so comforting. Lucy looks great. And I bet she loves having clean teeth! Enjoy your weekend. Love your puzzle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are big soup eaters over here. Just about every Monday, PC will say, 'let's start a soup diet' which lasts until about Wednesday!! Potato soup is one of our faves. We are finishing up a pot of taco soup right now.

    Time to get out our puzzles. When Paul agreed to 'puzzle' with me last winter, I got super excited and bought puzzles with a theme for every season. Then we fell off on the puzzle working. So we have spring and summer baseball themed puzzles we never opened. But I am ready for fall!! Will pull out the fall themed puzzles. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Hope your pup did well with the dental cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soup looks really good! We need to get our dog's teeth cleaned too. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.