If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2024

Currently - December 2024


 I am linking up with Jennifer for Currently - December 2024. Link up is here. We are talking about loving, looking forward to, buying, hoping, baking.

Loving:  I'm loving watching all the Christmas movies and reading some Christmas books.

Looking Forward To:  Taking drives to see Christmas lights in neighborhoods around us and also those in some parks around us. This is one of our favorite Christmas traditions.  

Buying:  I just ordered a new cover for my Kindle from Amazon.  I also ordered a new cake pan as the lid on my current one is broken.  I also ordered a new Bible study and companion book for my oldest daughter and I to do together starting in January.





Hoping:  To have a wonderful December.  We have several upcoming events that are going to be fun. A Church Luncheon and a Candlelight Christmas Carol Sing, which is always a favorite.

Baking:  I have made some sugar cookies and I baked a cake this week, which I have not done in a really long time.  Chocolate Cake with my mom's chocolate icing (that she taught me to make) is my all time favorite dessert.  I don't make it often as it is not good for my sugar issues. lol

Thanks for visiting.  

Cathy


18 comments:

  1. I love your tradition of driving to see the Christmas lights. That's something we've not done in years. Hoping you fully enjoy that chocolate. Santa would approve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post and hearing about what you are doing "currently". The chocolate cake with the special icing sounds good, although I probably couldn't eat it because I can't do "double chocolate". If I have chocolate cake I have to have either a white icing or just come whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on it. But I am sure it is good. Yes, we love to drive around and look at the lights too. My family growing up used to do that, even with my grandparents. Those were special memories. Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching Christmas movies, especially the traditional ones like A Christmas Carol. I always like to see White Christmas. Then there are the fun ones like Elf, A Christmas Vacation and Home Alone. There is a new one on Netflix I plan to see called Mary and I think Journey to Bethlehem that was at the movies last year. Have a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum on the cake, smiles. I also made a cake and its really good. Wishing you a beautiful day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake sounds delicious! I've been enjoying watching Christmas movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just realized that I haven't figured out a Christmas light show for us to take in this year... I have to get on that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby does that for us. He directs and I drive. Works very well.

      Delete
  7. I love Priscilla Shirer's teaching! Sounds like some good traditions in December. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all such great things! I love looking at Christmas lights too, and have plans to do that this week with my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Christmas movies have been fun. I've enjoyed watching them. Enjoy the Christmas lights. Amazon is definitely the place to shop. Enjoy your December events. Way to go on baking. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubs volunteered me to bring a chocolate cake to a party next week. I make it very rarely as it's super labor intensive but I guess I'll be baking one next week : ) Enjoy your December happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy drives just to look at Christmas lights too. And all the Christmas movies and even some books to help me get in the mood for the holidays Hope your holidays are happy! Visiting from Currently, a a little late. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.