New Year's Eve
From our hostess, Annie: "Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and the eve of 2025.Growing up New Years Eve was one of my favorite times of the year. Everyone would come to our home for snacks and drinks before heading out to parties. And I do mean nearly everyone we knew.
All dressed up in formal clothing they would join in the fun. My father would play ragtime on the piano, our German friends played German music and everyone would dance to it. My mother made hors d'oeuvres on tiny bread rounds and crackers... bayberry candles burned down for luck. Guy Lombardo was on the TV in the background." Everything in blue is from Annie and the black is from me.
1.What memories of New Years Eve do you have? I remember some years dad and mom would invite friends over and there would be food and games and just a lot of fun. I also remember fighting not to fall asleep before midnight.
2. Do you go to bed early or stay up until midnight to ring in the new year? I usually stay up.
3. Do you have special foods or customs for the New Year? No special foods or customs.
4. Will football and New Year parades be on your agenda for New Years Day? No football, maybe some of the parade.
4. Will football and New Year parades be on your agenda for New Years Day? No football, maybe some of the parade.
Whatever you do I hope you have a blessed, safe, happy and healthy New Year.
Thanks for visiting and I hope 2025 treats you kind.

I like your New Year's Eve memory; oddly enough, I don't have those. I remember Christmas Eve and day, but I don't remember what we did, if anything, as a family. Of course the older I got, the more I liked to celebrate. Happy New Year to you, my friend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jennifer. I don't remember all, but just some. Happy New Year to you.
DeleteHappy New Year to you and your family! I will probably be sound asleep by the time midnight rolls around, but I'll see you all next year! LOL.
ReplyDeleteGoodbye Pam, and I'll see you next year too if the Lord is willing.
DeleteI've already got my tickets for New Year's Eve on the couch! Whether I'm still awake at midnight remains to be seen, lol. Wishing you and Tracy a blessed New Year!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and Tom!
DeleteHappy New Year and like you I will be on the couch . But watching fireworks from my Window that my name light.
ReplyDeleteIf it's not raining, I will probably step outside and see if there are fireworks going off. We used to let the girls go out and yell Happy New Year at midnight! I may even brave doing it by myself this year. Happy New Year.
DeleteI always enjoy the Rose Bowl parade. So pretty! Loved your answers! Have a Happy New Year 2025!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Many blessings to you in 2025!
DeleteThose are beautiful memories you shared. We stay up. I make snacks and at midnight we have a glass of champagne. I like to watch some of the programs and I also enjoy watching the parade. One year we went the next day and saw all the floats on display. Happy New Year to you and your family. May it be filled with many blessings from God. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Debby.
DeleteHappy New Year Cathy. Thank your hubby too for a year of wonderful sermons!
ReplyDeleteThanks Annie, I will. In fact, he's recording one right now. Happy New Year and thank you for all the good questions this year!
DeleteI don't think I ever really celebrated New Years in a big way. My parents were afraid to get out on NYE and I don't know that any of us ever even stayed up til midnight. When I was married to the girls' dad and lived in Panama, we would go to the interior where his family lived and attend neighborhood parties where everyone but me spoke Spanish. I was never a drinker much at all so felt that much more out of place. Anyway, this year, my daughter and grands are coming over to sit in the hot tub and eat snacks. I am a happy camper.
ReplyDeleteWe didn’t do that every year. I just remember that one for some reason. I was somewhere between 6th-9th grade. I know because of the house we were living in.
DeleteI can hear fireworks going off down the street and it's only 7:00 p.m. It will continue through midnight. I feel bad for the dogs that get scared. It doesn't seem to bother my cats! I wish you and yours a blessed new year ahead!
ReplyDeleteI was just outside with Lucy and one went off, so I just gave her a chill pill, hoping she won't go to crazy if they start up with a bunch.
DeleteHappy New Year
ReplyDelete