If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 13, 2025

Bits of This and That - Snow!


 Good Morning:

We had a pretty quiet weekend.  We've mostly been staying home since last Sunday and Monday when we were inundated with almost 10 inches of snow.  We went out on Thursday to pick up our vehicle from the mechanic and to leave the other one for him to make a repair on,  It seems to me like our vehicles have been in the garage more than out recently.  Hope that trend is getting ready to change.  If not, we may be shopping for a new one.  We picked up lunch from McDonalds for us and for our dog.  She loved it!

On Friday we headed into church so hubby could pre-record the Sunday service to put on YouTube.  While the lot was cleared, it was still icy around the doors and we didn't want to take any chance of falling, so he'll record it on Monday and then post it to FB for anyone who's interested.  I'll try to remember to come back here and link it up,

  

Sunday's Sermon

We got about 3-4 more inches of snow on Friday evening. On Saturday morning I went out to shovel the drive and the neighbor next door came out and helped.  He did at least half of the drive for me and in no time it was done and the sun melted most of the rest of it.  Later that afternoon, I drove to Cracker Barrel and picked up some lunch for us.  I started a book Friday night in the middle of the night and read off and on throughout the day.  Saturday night we watched some TV and just relaxed.

Sunday we went to church and had a good service.  Hubby preached a good sermon from the book of James entitled How to Receive God's Wisdom. He encouraged us in 2025 to pray every day asking "Give me more of Jesus".  I think that's a great idea.  And since I had decided not to do a Word of the year, I've now decided to do a prayer of the year, asking everyday that God would give me more of Jesus.  I believe God will honor that prayer. 




After church, we picked up some lunch and came home, ate lunch and took a short nap and then I finished the book I was reading.  I wrote a post for Sunday and then wrote part of this post.  On the way to church Sunday evening there was another beautiful sunset.




Snow - I think I've seen enough for this winter!  How about you?  I mean I've enjoyed spending time at home instead of out running around.  But I could do that without the snow.  Anyway, it's been pretty and I've been blessed by our neighbors, but again, I'm ready for it to end.  However, hubby tells me we're supposed to get more on Tuesday and also some temperatures around zero and below.  Brrrr that's worse than the snow!

How was your weekend.  I hope we all have a great week.

Cathy

I'm also linking up with Holly and Sarah at Hello Monday.



15 comments:

  1. Oh wow; those sunset photos are amazing! We got a few inches of snow this weekend but really haven't had much this winter (not that I'm complaining!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've certainly had more than I'd hoped for, but that's okay. lol

      Delete
  2. Pretty pix but I am already done with snow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, but that's a LOT of snow! These pictures look like postcards!
    I love that y'all include Lucy in your McDonald's lunches. She's a blessed little lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves to get a hamburger from there for sure!

      Delete
  4. Winter skies are beautiful! I like the rhythm of the changing seasons. I wouldn't want all that snow, but it surely is pretty. Did your pup have a burger or a cone? We've got the grands coming to stay for a bit so I'm trying to rest up before they arrive. Not a lot of resting with littles in the house. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets a plain hamburger. She eats all the burger, but less than half the bun. I hope you have bunches of fun with the grands!!!

      Delete
  5. It's so hard to believe all the people who have been getting snow. Glad you are safe. 10 inches is a lot! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing well with all the snow so far.

      Delete
  6. That snow is so beautiful, and so is the sunset! You were enjoying the same sunset that I was, only I am here in Florida and you are in Ohio! Amazing that we both had such beautiful ones. But we don't have any snow. That's probably a good thing! LOL. Yes, you've had enough to last you awhile. I know it's pretty at first, but after a while it gets tiresome. especially when it melts and then freezes and you get ice everywhere. Be careful! I remember that so well. God bless you and keep you all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow is pretty in pictures but I don't miss it at all. I've been in Florida for 36 years now. Your sunset is stunning! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of snow! But wow, those sunset pictures are beautiful! I am glad y'all could still get out some in all of that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.