Today I am thankful for our neighbor. Actually, all of our neighbors are great. I think we're the oldest of all our direct neighbors. I know there are older ones further up the road, but our direct neighbors on both sides and across the street I believe are younger than us. So many times one or the other have helped us or at least offered to help. They have always treated us very good. But this week the man that lives right across the street from us was a major help to us.
With all the snow we had Sunday and Monday (9 1/2 inches) we were definitely snowed in. When it finally stopped snowing and I noticed he was out across the street cleaning (with a snow blower) his drive, I finally decided to go try to shovel us out. I knew I was going to have to do it just a bit at a time and rest and then continue. Hubby can no longer do that kind of physical labor but we needed to be able to get out sooner or later. Hubby was worried about me doing it because I had gotten a report last year that I have a heart murmur and that probably sometime in the next 6-8 years I would have to have my aortic valve replaced (my mom had the same thing). So he was inside praying that God would watch over me or send someone to do the drive for us.
The neighbor next door was shoveling his drive when I came out and we talked for a few minutes. I started shoveling and I heard someone yell. I looked up and saw Tom across the street in his garage and he told me to stop shoveling. He said he'd be right over to do our drive. Within 5-10 minutes God had answered hubby's prayer and the neighbor did an excellent job for us. I tried to give him gas money, but he refused it. I thanked him over and over. He was just so kind and did such a good job. I am so thankful for our neighbors!
God is so good and so are our neighbors!
Cathy

Wonderful testimony, Cathy! Thank you for blessing us with this example.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome.
DeleteThanks for sharing your great testimony, Cathy. You're a great writer. I might need to take a phrase you wrote here to hang up on my new kitchen cabinet painting. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful story! God never ceases to blow my mind with how He looks out for us, His kids. I never want to get over the wonder that He is, and how He hears our prayers. And God bless your kind neighbor! I feel like there is a spiritual picture in this; I see those all the time! Thank you for sharing that with us today, my friend. Take care and stay warm this weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jennifer,
DeleteWhat a blessing!! Good neighbors really are a blessing (I have some too)!! I'm glad you didn't have to do all that work. I will mention that you should ask your doctor about getting a TAVR. My Joe had his aortic valve replaced with a TAVR. No incisions. He was in two nights and came home like nothing happened. Amazing. Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI think he was telling about that as he said it is no longer the same surgery that my mother had. Thanks for the heads up on your Joe. I'll be sure to talk to my doctor about it if or when I have to have the procedure.
DeleteGreat story. A blessing and direct answer to prayer. I am thankful for our neighbors as well. Good neighbors are blessings you don't want to take for granted!
ReplyDeleteYou are right.
Delete