If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2025

Tuesday 4 - Hello January

 

Hello January

 

All in purple is from Annie and mine is black.  Welcome to the New Year friends and to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
Toni liked to talk about each new month and it's meanings. 
January was named for Janus the two faced god who looked behind and ahead.  Its the warmest month in the southern hemisphere and the coldest in the north.
Garnet is it's gem stone.  Garnets come in all colors but the rarest is the Tzavorite.   
January 7 is Eastern Orthodox Christmas because some eastern churches use the original Julian calendar which is 13 days behind the Gregorian calendar.   
January become the first month of the year in 450BC for the Roman world .
Let's talk about two faced January.

1. Looking back, what do you hope continues or does not change in your life?  I hope we stay at least as well as we are and that hubby gets a lot of improvement in his health.
Carnations & Snow Drops

 2. What good came to you from the previous year?  Well, we survived.  We still love the Lord and more importantly, He still loves us.

3.  Are there things you hope to accomplish in the new year? Yes, I would like to get some updates done on our house and I would also like to get a new vehicle, as both of ours seem to be spending more time with the mechanic than with us.

4.  January's flowers are the carnation and the snow drop. Do you sometimes buy flowers for your home? What kinds of flowers to you like best? I like morning glories.  Sometimes I'll buy some flowers for in the house.  I do have a couple of artificial flower bouquets and green plants.  I really love those, because I can't kill them.  

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

6 comments:

  1. #1's soooo true! I used to (privately) scoff at the 'old folks' who'd always talk about the weather and/or their aches and pains. Now I'm an 'old folk' it's not so funny anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers and I can echo all of them. And I do love to see Morning Glories blooming on fences and trellises. But you better look quick, or they'll close up when the sun really shines! Have a lovely rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. I too hope your DHs health will improve and I too like artificial plants so they stay alive. All the best in 2025.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.