Weathering the Storm...
This color words are from Annie. This color words are from me. Click here for link-up with Annie.
Hello .. This is Toni's Tuesday 4 where we strive to get you thinking and blogging and connecting with others. The saying used to be on my blog as a description: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
This was important to me when my spine went south on me. I was born disabled and became a dancer. Now I am disabled again. Que sera, sera, whatever will be will be. But we keep on going. and turn the lemons to lemonade...or we should I think.
Let's talk about it because we have all been there, done that.
1. What/who is your rock through the storms of life? God, My heavenly Father, Jesus My Savior. My husband would be my earthly rock.
What beliefs do you have to stand on? The Bible. I believe it is the true Word of God.
2. Do you take precautions for bad storms? Yes, when needed. What precautions do you take? If it's a tornado, we wait for the actual warning and then head into our laundry room (we live on a slab, so we have no basement to go to) and bring in chairs and our phones and iPad to be able to keep up on what's going on. We also bring Lucy in with us. We try to make sure we have flashlights available. For snow storms, we stay inside and pray we don't loose power. We have lots of blankets and we almost always have plenty of non-perishable items in our home.
| In fact, here's us during a tornado warning sitting in the laundry room Do you see the water heater and water softener behind us. It's kind of a small area, but it works. |
3. The Sheep are caroling in the snow... do you sing during the tough times? Yes, sometimes. Hubby and I have been known to start singing thankful praise songs when we are in a stressful time. What things, what activities pull you through? Reading Psalms, praying together, reading, watching TV together or pretty much doing anything together.
4. Whatever we do, we should be there for others in the difficult times.
What advice can you give to those who are going through a difficult time now? If they want advice, I'm willing to try to help. But the only thing I can really tell them is to seek God and spend time with Him. I'm not sure how people who don't know Jesus make it through the many trials we all have in life.
I did not write a post yesterday about our weekend, because we mostly were just home. I did laundry and picked up Olive Garden for lunch and we both had enough leftovers for our supper too. Sunday was church and hubby preached the 3rd message from his series on the book of James. Below is a copy of his pre-recorded message. And then on Monday we spent a lot of the first half of the day watching the Presidential Inauguration.
Thank you for visiting and I hope you are having a wonderfully blessed day.
Cathy


Amen to all of your answers! What DO people do who don't have Jesus in their hearts and lives? I really don't know...they have no rock to cling to. We are blessed to be His children! I love the picture of the two of you in your "shelter in the time of storm". Thankful God kept you safe!! Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteYes we are blessed for sure.
DeleteThe Lord is our strength in all things!
ReplyDeleteTruth!
DeleteI say Amen too!! I've enjoyed your hubby's sermons online and am thankful they are provided for us.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I let him know what you said.
DeleteAmen, sista! Now you've got me craving some Olive Garden yumminess.
ReplyDeleteIt was definitely very good!
DeleteSeek God in prayer! Great advice! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Thanks Lori!
DeleteI enjoyed all of your answers. I too often wonder how people make it through tough times without a faith in God.
ReplyDelete