If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Queen Esther

I just finished watching the movie "One Night with the King" with my daughter. I love this movie so much. It's about Queen Esther in the Bible. Esther is one of my favorite books in the Bible, along with Ruth. I just admire both of these women so much. They have such courage and faith.

Esther seems to be popping up in my life a lot right now. I'm currently reading the book "Hadassah" by Tommy Tenney, which the movie is based on. Then my husband talked about Esther in his sermon on Sunday morning, which was about having courage and not fear. Also, our Women's Bible Study Group has been talking about doing Beth Moore's newest Bible Study next spring which is on Esther.

I think maybe there are some things I can learn from her to help in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the Queen Esther study (we're going to do it in the summer) because I know so little about her! I love traveling back in time with a good Bible story and learning all that the Bible has to say. I might have to check out the movie too - I remember seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely worth watching. We've watched it several times in our house, besides going to the theater to see it when it first came out.

    Our plan is to do the Bible Study in our Spring Session. I can't wait.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy