If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Random Dozen












Join Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee to play along with Random Dozen.


1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
I hate spiders of any kind!!!!!
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I do some recycling, but not as much as I should.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
I've always had dreams about running to catch the bus or getting through most of the school year and now all of a sudden not knowing where my locker is or how to get into it.  And I've been out of school for 35 years.  What's that all about?!?
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
No.  I've only ever flown a couple of times though.
5. What do you consider your best feature?
I don't know...maybe my eyes?
6. What was the last concert you went to?
 My daughter's school spring concert.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
Really, I try to forget those kinds of things.  Probably when I've made a really bad mess up on the piano, which unfortunately does happen from time to time.
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
singer.  I love to sing in the car by myself or when everyone has fallen asleep on a trip and I'm driving and trying to stay awake.  
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
I got to see the ocean the other day and it almost always makes me think of the awesomeness of God and today we're leaving Florida and heading to Pigeon Forge so I'll be in the mountains!  Another place to think about the vastness of God!!




10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
I'll be leaving my 18 year old at college and heading back home almost 1000 miles away.  I'll probably never forget this day!
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
I love them both.  If I have to choose, then the Liberty Bell!!
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Yes, I do.

13 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'd choose for 11... I'm not a huge Taco Bell fan and I don't really know what the liberty bell is... I think it's an American thing... I'd probably choose it though because if I remember correctly it's something to do with history (I have no idea what!?) and I love studying history... but still... it's a pretty blind decision.

    I agree on 12. I have had many platonic friendships

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I don't know how you can hate spiders! They are adorable!!!! My favourite insect I think. In the winter I let the little ones stick around the house because it's too cold outside for them haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by to check in on ya and wish you a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ocean and the mountains always speak volumes of God's awesomeness to me, too.
    1000 miles away...that's a lot of distance, isn't it? None of mine have ever been that far from home--and I'm glad :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy
    Great ocean pictures. Wish I was there right now. Enjoy the rest of your trip and remember to take lots of pictures.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're mixing a little holiday in with the leaving...it helps!

    I feel the same way about the ocean and the mountains too. Have fun in PF...my hubs is from a little town in the foothills of the Smoky Mts. so we've spent lots of time there. I love it! Will you go thru Cades Cove...that's one of our favorite things to do, drive the loop. Plus they have just recently repaved the road so really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome answers. #10 made me a little teary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your answers. Your pics of the ocean were beautiful! We went thru Pigeon Forge, the Smokies and then to Florida for our honeymoon. Such good memories.
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. Spider seems to be the answer today to #1. Hope your having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy!
    Your recurring dream... about running to catch the bus... well... that's my problem all year long!
    I'm always running out the door every day of the school year.
    I find "one more thing I don't really have to do" and it makes me rush at the end.

    Pledging to do better this year!

    Thinking of you as you move through this part of parenthood.
    Blessings always Cathy!
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my all time fav places to go is the beach. Just standing and looking out at it in all its hugeness just speaks to how great God really is!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am sure that you will remember 9/1/2010 forever that is a day for the scrapbooks.
    I hate spiders too. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy