If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My New Look And Just Keep Swimming

Do you like the new look of my blog? I know I just changed it a couple of weeks ago, but then I decided it was just too white. I like color and just felt like I needed something more. Plus the reference to Mickey Mouse makes me feel good. I mean if you've been around here for any time at all, you have to know I'm a Disney Freak.  In fact, I've also changed the background on my laptop and my work computer to this picture.


For some reason, Dory just makes me smile and I feel like I need to smile more.  Yesterday, I was reading blogs and it seems that a lot of us are feeling a little blah lately.  Some were considering quitting blogging and it seems that some have.  I haven't had a lot to say lately and I think a lot of it has to do with the weather and the fact that I can't wait for summer.  So I put Dory on my computers just  because she makes me smile.  Remember her famous line in the movie?   You know, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming." I think she reminds me that no matter what, I have to just keep on keeping on and I can do that, one day at a time. How about you? Is the winter that keeps on giving, getting you down? Well, let's just be like Dory and keep on swimming, swimming, swimming.  We can do that with the Lord on our side.  Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."



Have a blessed day!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new background! I'm thinking about taking DD & her family to Disneyworld next summer.

    I LOVE Dory! I love how she just doesn't take herself seriously, how she doesn't worry or fret over her faults/shortcomings, and I love her never-give-up attitude! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

    Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks GREAT!

    all our trees bloomed out and now we are back to cold temps....argh!!! I am so, so ready for spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look, and I love Dory! Nemo was one of my favorite Disney movies. When the kids were litlte, it was one of the only movies they had that I didn't mind watching over and over. I agree, let's "keep swimming" and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great - but then, I bet you knew that I would say that, didn't you?! You need to add a Destination Disney button to your sidebar - it would match so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're killing me... I'm wanting to get to Disney so badly.

    Love Dory... I'm leaving your blog today much happier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! Sure does make me happy. I'm with you- waiting for Spring to not only show up on the calendar but also in my yard!!Thanks for the smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dory always makes me smile, and whenever I see her, the "Just keep swimming" line echoes through my head for hours. Mildly annoying, but I like her anyway. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute background!

    My problem lately has been making it around to READ blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!! :)))) Disney is AMAZING. just sayin. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy!
    Your blog is always such a happy place... I love the soft colors ~ so welcoming.

    I enjoyed Dory's message today... it's just what we need to hear... for me it would be "just keep walking, just keep walking ♫♫
    Especially this time of year... today was sunny and "warm" compared to yesterday {like night and day actually} and it was a great day to go for a walk!
    Yesterday our schools were closed!
    what a difference this time of year!
    It's a good thing Easter's late this year... it would be a "white Easter!"
    Have a happy Wednesday,
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, your blog looks great with the changes. We all need change now and then. I love that you love Disney. When I lived in Florida for a number of years, I loved to take my nieces there to visit. What a fun time!

    One thing my husband and I have been saying lately is that we need some fun. Life has been so hard lately. We are planning the next stage of our lives and I'm praying about it. It's exciting to anticipate.

    I'm glad to be following your blog and getting to know you better.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy