If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What are your plans for Easter Day/weekend?
Going to my sister-in-law's for lunch Easter Day with my husband's family.


2. Besides Jesus, what one person from The Bible would you most like to meet and why?
Mary, the mother of Jesus.  I would love to hear what it must have been like to be Jesus' mother and to hear the stories she could tell about Him as a child and just see Jesus from a mother's view.


3. What is one modern day convenience you didn't have as a child that was easy to live without?
Cell phone.


4. Are you more right brained or left brained? If you don't know what that means there is an interesting little quiz here.
According to the test I'm more left brained.  Left 53%, Right 47%.  Is that good or bad?


5. What is something you intended to do today but didn't? Why?
I think I've done what I've planned so far.


6. Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reeses peanut butter?
Reeses Peanut Butter! 


7. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?
I don't know.  I think I probably just liked them all.  Maybe Casper, The Friendly Ghost.  You'd think Mickey Mouse wouldn't you.  But I don't really remember getting to watch him on TV.



8. Insert your own random thought here.
Christ the Lord is Risen Today by Charles Wesley

Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!


Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where's thy victory, boasting grave? Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like him, like him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!


Hail the Lord of earth and heaven, Alleluia!
Praise to thee by both be given, Alleluia!
Thee we greet triumphant now, Alleluia!
Hail the Resurrection, thou, Alleluia!


King of glory, soul of bliss, Alleluia!
Everlasting life is this, Alleluia!
Thee to know, thy power to prove, Alleluia!
Thus to sing, and thus to love, Alleluia!


11 comments:

  1. I love that hymn...hope we sing it on Sunday! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I didn't even think of cell phone! Guess I don't use mine as much as other people. Enjoy your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That John Wesley sure could write hymns. Love that one! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hymn.

    I didn't think about Mary for #2. But like you said, it would be awesome to hear what it felt like to be the mother of God's own Son.

    have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ~ Oh ~ Oh!!! I love that song!!! I've been sitting here all day humming "Up From The Grave He Arose" and trying to remember some other Easter songs!! I'll be humming this one for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was 53% & 47% too! Great Hymn...wonder if we'll sing that this Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your answers. Hope you have a wonderful Easter!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scene in the movie The Passion of the Christ where Mary remembers holding Jesus when He falls and scrapes His knees. It is very important to remember that Jesus took on human nature. It's also incredibly humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we were going somewhere for Easter, I get so tired of hosting but we have no other family here.
    My kids just are not ready to host it! I almost said Mary. I said no one. I'm glad your a PB lover too! I don't belong to a church now but I loved going and our pastor would say He is Risen and we would say He Has Risen Indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy