If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'll Be Gone For Awhile

We are doing a Forty Days of Focus at our local church and then corporately across the whole Church of God movement. We are being encouraged to fast (in whichever way we feel God is leading) and then we have a reading that encourages us to focus each day on prayer and moving closer to God. We are specifically praying that 10,000 souls will be saved during this 40 days.

I have chosen to fast from all social media during the next 40 days. Sometimes I feel like I spend too much time here and on FB and not enough time with God. I believe taking the next 40 days and spending extra time with God will help me grow closer to Him. I've spent a couple weeks wrestling with this decision because I hate to leave here that long, but I really feel this is God's leading and I'm going to be obedient.

I will fulfill my obligations to the publishing companies I review for and do the reviews I've committed to, but otherwise I won't be back here until Easter weekend. If you need me for any reason, you can e-mail me at tckk1957 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

See you in 40 days.

6 comments:

  1. Praying that you will be blessed during this time of fasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are blessed by your time away! See you at Easter : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Cathy! Enjoy your time with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cathy!
    Blessings to you always,
    God will bless your time with HIM with great JOY ♥
    *Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missing you... but know that you are enjoying your time with Him! See you at Easter!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy