If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

What a Week This Has Been!

We definitely have had quite the week and it's only Thursday! Wow!

One of my favorite aunts passed away last week and her funeral was Monday. She was such a wonderful woman and I think she made everyone feel like they were special to her. I thought it was just me, but then I found out, so many people felt that way about her. She always had a smile on her face and was just so sweet. I'm so glad to know that someday I will see her again.

We just found out Tuesday night that Lily has a tumor and must have it removed.  So in about 4 weeks, she'll be going under the knife.   The vet feels it is just a fatty tumor and nothing to worry about, but it should be removed.  Still she's my puppy and I hate for her to have to go through this.   And yes, for the next 4 weeks I will be praying for her and maybe God will remove the tumor and she won't need the surgery.

Doesn't she just have the saddest look in this picture?  lol



This beautiful rose along with several others were given to me Tuesday night by one of the ladies in our Bible Study.  I can't remember what she called it for sure but I'm thinking maybe a Peace Rose.  Anyway, they are beautiful and they have the best fragrance of any rose I've ever smelled.  Her husband grows them in their yard.  Thank you Uncle Carol and Aunt Diane.  I love them so much.

Is this not the cutest little baby dress you have ever seen?  After Bible Study Tuesday night we threw a surprise baby shower for Carolyn.  And when she opened this dress, you should have heard all of us ladies oohing and aahing.   It's got beautiful smocking across the front and the color is just so pretty (obviously not a traditional baby color, which makes me love it even more).  I can't wait to see her little baby in it.  She will be so cute!



So as you can see, there have been some good things and some sad things this week.  But no matter what, I know my God has it all in His hands.   But still I'm hoping the rest of the week will be a little more quiet and relaxing.  Yeah, right!  Not while both girls are home.  I have never heard so much laughing, screaming, door slamming, etc as I have in the last 10 days!  Oh well, it's all good....I guess. lol

6 comments:

  1. Poor Lily!!! :( I'll lift prayers too - believe me, I get how much fur-babies mean. Our lab has 2 fatty tumors on her & our vet said they're not hurting anything if they're not bothering her - so she's had these things hanging on her for years now... maybe you can get another opinion? But it may make her feel better to have them off too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Lily had that too!! It was on her belly and they removed it just a few months ago....she did great and it was a fatty tumor!! They removed it because it was attached to a hernia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lab had a whole lot of fatty tumors which our vet didn't think needed to be removed unless they were bothering her (which they were not). Praying for your sweet "furbaby".

    I love that rose ... it's beautiful! And what a cute little dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog had something on her neck recently and was scheduled to have it removed. The morning of the surgery we went in and the vet couldn't find it : ) He cares about the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! I was so glad you popped by my blog for a visit, and that I have now met you through yours...I am sorry to hear about your aunt, and your poor dog too. The rose is GORGEOUS...and the dress is darling. Two young women in the house sounds just wonderful to me. How I miss my daughter and her constant group of girls that hung out here. Enjoy your day! Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your family's loss. I remember when my grandmother passed away. We were sitting in the waiting room and the doctor came in to tell us. Most of us started crying except for DD3 (she was 12 at the time) who looked at us and said, "Why are y'all crying? If you believe she's with Jesus, shouldn't you be happy for her?" Our of the mouths of babes, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy