If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge #84!!!


Click the Hodgepodge button to join in for the fun.


1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?
Not very often at all.

2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.

"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Agree or Disagree. Why?

I disagree. I do not believe if you are following Christ, that anything is a matter of chance.  It is all divinely orchestrated.

3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?
I would like to dance, but I cannot and no I have never taken lessons.

4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.
Peach Pie - even better if it's a cobbler.

5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?
Depends on what's unfair.

6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?
Probably Star Wars or maybe Raiders of the Lost Ark.

7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?
Yes, that is if I could work up the courage.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I really need to get back to my regular blogging.  Just have been kind of out of it lately.  Nothing's wrong.  I just haven't had much of anything to say.

13 comments:

  1. I understand how easy it is to get out of blogging, I've been that way as well. Aftere all do I really want to blog about sitting on the back deck doing nothing? Loved your answer to #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #8-you could do like me and blog anyway-ha : ) I think summer is slow in the blogosphere. I'm sure you'll get back in the groove . Blogging seems to come in phases for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking the weather lately has been rather boring...hot, dry, hot, dry. I hear there's a chance of rain soon. Hope so! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get in bloggy "funks" too... you'll be back blogging full speed again soon :)

    Ummm... cobbler MAY be the one thing better then pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answer to #2.

    And I, too, would prefer a peach cobbler over a peach pie ... and I'm a pie lover! ;-)

    I struggle, too, with not having much to say. Nothing very exciting happens here ... my life is just the "same old, same old". If it feels boring to me, then I figure it's got to be booooring to readers! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I like to visit you on Wed.: short, sweet, & to the point! :)
    I've been having trouble posting daily for a few months...just not a lot to say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to #2 :)and I finally got out of my blogging "funk", I hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with #4 and #5! I've not blogged in almost a month. I've got plenty to say (not that anyone else needs to hear) but no time to do it. Hopefully things are starting to slow down now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to being "kind of out of it lately." Sometimes blogging is a discipline isn't it? You want to offer your followers something, but you just feel depleted and sometimes motivation is scarce! Missed you on Weekend Wrap-Up, but I totally understand! By the way, my sister is a pastor's wife. We have lots of pastors in our family! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't dance either, and if I took lessons, I would feel very very bad for the poor teacher. I am that hopeless in the rhythm department. ;-)

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have great rhythm but seldom get a chance to dance. Always taping my feet to the beat! Yes cobbler would be better, I agree! I know the feeling, sometimes I have nothing to share either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a huge Star Wars fan. In fact, I used the Padme/Anakin theme for the student teaching lesson that my instructor observed. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy