1. Did you watch The Oscars? How many of the Best Picture nominees have you seen? (American Sniper, Birdman, Boyhood, Selma, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, and Whiplash)
No, I didn't watch The Oscars. I haven't seen any of these movies.
Do you think actors should use their acceptance speeches as an opportunity to promote their political and/or social agenda? Does that sort of speech make you more or less inclined to change the channel?
Personally, I believe they should stick with thanks for be chosen to win. They are entitled to their opinions and to share them in the right circumstances. But this is an award show and it should be about the awards.
2. Speaking of the movies... are you comfortable going to a movie alone? How about dinner in a restaurant (not fast food, but an actual restaurant)? The second half of this question was posed by Carrie who blogs over at It's Not Easy Being Queen. Thanks Carrie!
From time to time I do go to the movies alone but I don't think I've ever gone to an actual restaurant alone.
3. What's the last home repair or home improvement project you had to pay someone to complete? In hindsight was this a project you could have done yourself?
We had to raise the post (or mast) on which our electric and cable lines attach to the house. It was too low and was causing some problems. No, I do not believe I could have done it. It was very much worth paying to have it done.
4. Have you ever had Indian food? Like it or no? If you're a fan, what's your favorite dish? Have you ever prepared this yourself at home? Is there an Indian restaurant in your current hometown?
Yes, I have had Indian food and it's okay. I would definitely not say I'm a fan. No, I have not prepared it myself at home. Yes, there is an Indian restaurant in our town. In fact, Kerri is supposed to be taking her daddy there on Friday, I think.
5. A song that reminds you of your parents?
Probably an old southern gospel song called "O Happy Day". Because mom and dad used to sing in a quartet and this is one they sang. In fact, their quartet was called "The Happy Day Quarter".
6. The 26th of February is National Tell A Fairy Tale Day. What's your favorite, or one of your favorite, fairy tales? Do you have any childhood memories associated with a particular fairy tale?
My favorite is probably Cinderella. I do remember as a child in elementary we acted out the fairy tale "Three Billy Goats Gruff."
7. What's a problem you solved yesterday?
Nothing out of the ordinary...just normal work issues.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Kerri's wedding shower is this weekend. It's so different coming to this as the mother of the bride. Rather strange feeling. I mean, come on....she should be about 2 years old...not getting ready to get married in April.
|This is from a visit before she was adopted.|