If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's Wednesday, which means it's time for the Hodgepodge.  Click the button to the left if yo want to play along.


1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
I called my grandparents, grandma and grandpa. I have one grandson and he's too little to call me anything but my daughter wants him to call me Gigi and hubby is papaw. I let my daughter choose the name. I'm happy with anything just as long as I get to be with him. 😍 Our honorary granddaughter calls us nana and papa. Again this was the mommy's choice. 

2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
I've never been but would love to take a trip there. I'd like to see as much as I could. 

3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
Play guitar, fly a plane, perform surgery.

4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
I want to see more time with the one I love and I will celebrate that by spending as much time with him as possible. I love my husband and there is no one on this earth I want to be with more than him. Our quiet evenings at home  are some if my favorite times. 

5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
Yes, I like almonds. I prefer an Almond Joy. Can't think of anything. I just eat them plain.

6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
It changes all the time. I prefer to sleep in or at least just relax by reading or whatever. Then go to an early lunch. 

7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
Haven't done much reading this winter yet. Planning to read The Shack again though.  Plus I have plans to go see the movie when it comes out in a couple of weeks.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. Aw, the answer about your husband is so sweet. I love the name Gigi. Have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Ed that you feel about your hubby, nobody on earth I'd rather spend time with :)
    I love your random thought, and feel the same about that, as well:)
    Hope you are doing well. Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that poster at the end! LOL And I agree with you on the time spent with your husband. I feel the same way. We've had a long time to work the kinks out of our marriage and there's no one I'd rather spend time with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your thoughts on your hubby...I feel the same way, how blessed we are! I am looking forward to that movie too. I read the book a long time ago...I need a refresher, lol. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my dearest and kindest friends is called, Gigi by her grandchildren. I picked the Almond Joy, too. LOVE your random thought! :) Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your answers today Cathy. Gigi is very interesting name! Hope your having a great week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quiet evenings at home with my husband are among my favorite times, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just traveling through the blogs on the HodgePodge list. Enjoyed reading your answers. I have to smile at all the things people don't know how to do...gee only the three things that popped into my mind. I could of given it more thought. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Hubby and I enjoy our "recliner time" together most every evening very much! Well, guess I must e past magnificent! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  10. My girls called my grandmother GiGi (for great grandma). A long marriage is a beautiful thing-I agree : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy