If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
Yes, I like Mexican food.  I like Quesadillas, burritos, tacos chips and salsa, also chimichangas. I like refried beans and rice. I prefer my food mild. I have no plans to eat Mexican that day. But you never know. I had it twice last weekend. 
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
No, I've never been to Mexico.  I wouldn't mind going but don't have a great desire to.  I took three years of Spanish in high school and know a little, but not much. 
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
I plan to buy some flowers for the yard and hope to get our mulch done. 
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
I'd like to see them bring in more franchised businesses. No, I have no interest in serving in a public office. 
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
I do not get Twitter.  
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
I watched the original 3 movies, but have not gotten into the recent ones. I'm probably about a 3 or 4.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
My 4th post was in September, 2008 and was about joining Weight Watchers and starting to try to lose weight. Obviously, I didn't totally succeed because I'm still overweight. I suppose I visit it from time to time and I hope to one day actually succeed. 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wish you could smell these lilacs. 


They smell wonderful this morning


Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh . . . Twitter . . . I like it! It's a fun way to connect with people of the same mind as you. For instance, I like live Tweeting during my favorite shows such as Prison Break. For an introvert like me, it's the perfect way to be in a room full of people without obligatory chatter. You can just listen in, chime in when you want, and leave without anyone noticing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love lilacs! I joined Twitter last year and I pop on it from time-to-time, mainly to voice my opinions regarding the hosts of "The View" always griping about our President.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get Twitter either, lol. Facebook and Instagram keep me as busy on social media as I need to be though I think. The lilacs are just GORGEOUS! Oh my, I can almost smell them. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could smell those lilacs, too. They are simply beautiful!
    I tried Twitter, briefly, when it first came out many years ago. I quickly lost interest.
    Enjoy your week,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just told hubs on our walk yesterday that I want a lilac tree for the yard. They don't bloom long, but when they do their scent is heavenly. I've been on Twitter more recently, but I kind of keep to my own little corner there. I've been joining in the Five Minute Friday Twitter party on Thursday evening, and I'm usually a little slow to catch on, but get there eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I can imagine the wonderful fragrance of those lilacs. Sure hope ours bloom soon. I don't get Twitter either. I'm lucky to barely keep up with blogging and Instagram. Wow, September of 2008! That's a lot of blogging. Congratulations on hanging in there, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE lilacs! Enjoyed your answers today! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lilac bush reminds me of my grandmother. :) I forgot about quesadillas! I do love those but only the ones I make. Real Mexican food is not my BFF. I'm trying to figure out Twitter but I have not been successful. I either just don't get it or I'm overthinking it. That Colton. I was looking at his pictures on the sidebar. He's just so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy