If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Books I'm Reading

What I am currently reading, listening to or have just recently finished:

Christy by Catherine Marshall

picture from Amazon
I love this book.  I read it many years ago as a teenager and possibly another time too.  Somebody mentioned it on a blog post the other day and I decided I wanted to read it again.  I checked my library and found they had the audio version available.  So that is what I'm listening to at work right now.

In This Mountain (Mitford Years #7) by Jan Karon

picture from Amazon
I started this series earlier this year and am totally loving it.  It's about Father Tim and the town of Mitford near the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I'm getting close to getting this one finished and I have the next waiting from my Library.

Talking as Fast as I can:  From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls by Lauren Graham

picture from Amazon
This is another book I just finished listening to.  It was fun and light-hearted and interesting to learn a little more about the Gilmore Series and movies.

My Story, My Song by Lucimarian Roberts

picture from Amazon
I finished listening to this book earlier in the month.  Totally loved the stories and also the music in it.  Lucimarian Roberts, who is Robin Roberts' mother seems to be quite a woman.

I've linked up with Quick Lit for this post.  So, tell me what you are reading.  I'm always on the lookout for good books, old or new.

Cathy


3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I've ever read Christy. Remember the show about it - hmmm... I may have to check that out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to own Christy, and I've read it several times. Somehow along the way I misplaced it. Or I lent it out maybe. Hmmm. It's a favorite of mine. Perhaps I'll have to read it again! I've read all of the Mitford books, including the latest ones. I own most of them, but some of those have been lent out too! I think the Lauren Graham book looks interesting. When my daughter was a newborn and WOULD NOT sleep at night, I binge watched quite a bit of Gilmore Girls. We had the DVD sets! Thanks for the suggestions.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I have reading on my bucket list. I love to read yet I never take the time. Books take you away and I love that feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy