If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, September 7, 2018

Three in One

Let's just say it's been an interesting week around here and leave it at that.  But I've really missed the blogging world.  So I'm going to attempt to do 3 posts in one.  Wednesday Hodgepodge, Thankful Thursday, and Friday Foto Friends.  You can click on the buttons to go to the link up of each one.




I'll start with Wednesday Hodgepodge.  This is the last one.  Joyce says she has been doing it for 9 years and feels like the time has come to end it.  She will still be on her blog and says she may even occasionally do Hodgepodge type posts and even maybe link-ups, but no more regular Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Joyce, I just want to say how much I've appreciated all the questions you have asked us and answered yourself.  It's been a lot of fun and I've gained some new friends through your efforts.  So here are this weeks questions and my answers.

1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)
My highlight so far was when both my girls and my grandson came home at the same time.  It was so good to be together again.  It had been almost 2 years since all of us have been in the same place at the same time.  It was short, but it was great.


Here's the 3 of them as they are flying back home


2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?
I'm really pretty happy with the way my summer has been, but I guess I wish I had walked more this summer (I've gotten a little slack in the last month) and eaten a little less.

3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?
Our Ladies Bible Study is starting back up and we are doing Lisa Harper's study of Job.

4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?
I've read quite a few this summer and like most of them, but it would probably be the Father Tim Series I'm reading from Jan Karon.

5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.



6. Insert your own random thought here.


I sure do love this boy and he seems to love his french fries.  lol
Now for Thankful Thursday.  I hated to miss this yesterday because I always want to be intentional about giving thanks.


This week I am thankful for:

***God has been with me and helped me through some tough things at work.  It's going to keep on, but hopefully I'll get a little better at it as we go.  And I'm so thankful for all the reminders God has been sending me the last few days.  I've seen verses all over the place reminding me that I don't need to fear, that He has not given me a spirit of fear, but of a sound mind and how He will go with me and through Him I can do all things.  Thank you God for your faithfulness.

***Again, I'm thankful for Rebecca and how she encourages me with her weekly thankful posts.

And now, Friday Foto Friends


Here are a couple photos from my week.  These first 3 photos are from Monday.  We went to Central Ohio and the skies were just beautiful that day.  Hubby and I went to an Amish Restaurant for lunch and just enjoyed the drive on such a great day.




Saturday we went to the Airport and watched the planes again.  I am always amazed that something so big can actually lift off the ground and fly away like they do.  I just love watching them.


That's about all I have.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! What beautiful sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had both girls and that sweet boy home at the same time this summer! You know, I always think the same thing about airplanes. I don't think I'll ever understand but it's amazing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you got 'em all in - better late than never :)
    I love verses that pop up all the time that remind me also not to fear. My biggest burden I carry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Corrie Ten Boom quote - beautiful blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three-in-one! Good job! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge (so sad it is the last one!). Rebecca Jo's thankful lists are always encouraging and uplifting as is yours! I am always happy to see an Ohio sky!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed that you did the three in one. Your HP #2 I relate to. So happy you got your kids together. Your pictures are lovely. And the boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that you've had such a rough week at work, Cathy. Isn't it just like God to send you verses throughout the week to remind you of His loving care for you? I love that about Him.

    Glad you were able to spend time with your girls and grandson! I love it when the kids come home.

    Your sky pictures are just gorgeous! Glad you and hubby had a bit of relaxation in your drive and eating at an Amish restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about having our children around at the same time. Amber and Dylan will be coming to town to see the baby so we will all be together. I definitely need to walk more. Enjoy your bible study. Sweet Colton. I love when I get signs from God. I should join you and Rebecca on Thursday's. Love your cloud photos. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've been busy...no wonder you don't have time to write! But they are all good and wonderful things. So happy you had the opportunity to have your two girls and grandson all home. That is a blessing. I love that you went to Ohio to an Amish restaurant, etc., love the pictures of the corn fields and clouds. I miss that. We used to live in the Ashland, Ohio area, and we had many Amish farms around us. I loved watching them clop clop clop down the road in their horse drawn buggies. Loved watching them working on their farms...always such a joy to see people working the old fashioned way. Thank you for your post. Praying for you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cathy! I've sure missed you and all the ladies! I had no idea that Wednesday Hodgepodge is coming to an end...makes me so sad! Your little grandson has gotten so big! Glad you've had a fun, but busy summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy