1. Here we are entering the last month of the year 2020. 2020!! Every year The Oxford English Dictionary publishing team chooses a word that captures the general mood of the year we're leaving behind, or the one word that will leave a lasting impact on the world at large. This year they needed sixteen words in order to cover the whole enchilada. While two of the other major dictionaries selected pandemic as their word of the year, Oxford came up with a long list including-bushfire, impeachment, acquittal, coronavirus, COVID-19, lockdown, social distancing, reopening, Black Lives Matter, Cancel Culture, BIPOC, mail-in, belarusian, moonshot, net zero (read more about each word here) Of the words listed which ONE would you say should be in the number 1 spot? Which word/phrase on this list would you be happy to never hear again?
I think the word would be either coronavirus or Covid-19 and I would be happy never to hear of either ever again if it meant they were both completely eradicated.
2. What one word from your own list of words describing this year sums up/best reflects your 2020? Tell us why.
My word is Trust, because I am learning to quit worrying and just trust this all to God. He has not been surprised by anything that has occurred in 2020 and He has it all (including me) in His hands.
3. Do you like peppermint? (it's okay, but not a favorite flavor) Peppermint mocha, a candy cane, peppermint bark, peppermint tea, York Peppermint Pattie, peppermint ice cream...of the peppermint treats listed, which one is your favorite?(Peppermint Pattie definitely) Will you bake anything featuring peppermint this holiday season? No, I don't think so.
4. Besides Christmas, what do you associate the color red with? (The American Flag) How about the color green? (St. Patrick's Day)
5. Is your tree up? (Yes) Real or artificial? (Artificial) Is your house decorated? (It's a work in progress) Is your shopping done? Started? Wrapped? (Mostly done and shipped) On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being Scrooge-like and 10 being Buddy the Elf, how's your Christmas spirit? (I'd say I'm about a 8-9)
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I don't know about you, but I'm really enjoying the Hallmark Christmas movies and also the Pandora Country Christmas Channel a lot. Been listening to the music since just before Halloween and the movies right after Halloween.