If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

A Sentence a Day - December 2020


 1 - Tuesday.  I hung this red truck decoration that I bought at the Christmas Mouse in Myrtle Beach last month on my office door at work.


2 - Wednesday.  Hubby did a live FB broadcast of his study on Paul from our home instead of from church as usual.  

3 - Thursday.  After work hubby took me to Hobby Lobby and I bought Christmas cards and to Michaels and I bought a new wreath for the front door as the old one was falling apart.

4 - Friday.  Went to work and the chiropractor and then home and ordered in pizza for supper, strung some lights outside and watched White Christmas and crocheted on hubby's blanket.

5 - Saturday.  We went to Red Robin for lunch & then ran errands and then had a movie marathon watching all 3 Santa Clause movies.

6 - Sunday.  Church and curbside Cracker Barrel for lunch.

7 - Monday.  Both of us worked and I made us Schlopp (basically a type of Beef Stroganoff) for dinner.

8 - Tuesday.  After work we picked up hubby's mom and went to a beautiful Christmas light display in Cincinnati.



9 - Wednesday.  Spent time online and on the phone with Amazon trying to get a refund on 5 packages that were never delivered and hoping it's all straightened out now.

10 - Thursday.  Reordered the gifts that were lost in the mail, that we got the refund on.

11 - Friday.  My daughter received the box from Amazon that had gotten lost and that we got the refund on Wednesday and now they'll be getting double of everything. lol

12 - Saturday.  Hubby and I went to lunch at Fazoli's and had a delicious lunch then he dropped me off at Walmart and Kohl's and then got a Starbucks and home for the day (totally my kind of Saturday outing).



13 - Sunday.  Church, lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and then a haircut that was desperately needed.

14 - Monday.  Work and then picked up mother-in-law for another round of Christmas light viewing.

15 - Tuesday.  After work hubby dropped me off at the grocery to pick up a few things and then at home he made us a pot of soup beans with ham...yummy and then we made some white chocolate pretzel sticks for the first time...fun and easy and really taste good.

16 - Wednesday.  Dropped some items off to my sister and then went to McDonalds and ate dinner in the car and then home to record the Bible Study and it was a quiet evening after that.

17 - Thursday.  Hubby made chili for supper and I worked on his afghan and almost finished another skein of yarn, but I think I'm going to add another one to it (I still have another one after that if needed).

18 - Friday.  After work I made supper and then we watched some TV and I worked on hubby’s blanket and video chatted with my grandson and daughter.

19 - Saturday.

20 - Sunday.  Annual Candlelight and Carols Service in the evening...so beautiful and fun.

21 - Monday.  

22 - Tuesday.

23 - Wednesday.  Took a vacation day and enjoyed going out with hubby and running some errands and having lunch out.

24 - Thursday.  Went to my sister's place and met other family outside her window and talked and sang Christmas carols.  Closest we could get to being with her for Christmas.

25 - Christmas.  Lunch with MIL and hubby and a relaxing afternoon visiting.

26 - Saturday.  

27 - Sunday.  Church and a nice nap in the afternoon and I completed my first hat on my new Sentro Knitting Machine.

28 - Monday.  Back to work after Christmas break.

29 - Tuesday.  Work and a quiet evening at home.

30 - Wednesday.  Work and then hubby did his online live Bible Study on the Apostle Paul.

31 - Thursday.  Worked the last day of the year and then went to dinner with hubby's mom and after that a quiet evening at home.

That's my December a sentence at a time.

Cathy


19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice month to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double everything - LOL... can you imagine all the issues Amazon had - I have anxiety thinking of working in that customer service area.
    I'm totally saving your hubby's video - thanks for sharing! You'll need to share more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. What a great way to remember the month! I couldn't remember to write it all down, and I sure couldn't remember what I did last week...well, not all of it. LOL. happy new year again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write it down about once a week and sometimes I have to look at my photos.

      Delete
  4. Oh boy...I hope you got things straightened out with Amazon. I didn't have a lick of trouble all through Christmas, NOW I'm having trouble. Things are coming late and Amazon has told me that if they don't arrive soon I can ask for a refund. I don't want a refund, I want the stuff I ordered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a refund but they delivered it later. Crazy!

      Delete
  5. I am always amazed at you folks who can do this post at the end of each month! Always interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually work on it about once a week or so. I also look back at my pictures to try to remember. lol

      Delete
  6. Ugh! We had so many shipping issues this year too-- it seems like everyone did. Sounds like you had a pretty good December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had issues, but it worked out okay in the end. I enjoyed the month.

      Delete
  7. Cathy,

    What a wonderful idea! If I did anything like this it wouldn't be half as interesting as yours, though. lol And...I'm being totally serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep a little busy some months, not so much other times. lol

      Delete
  8. Read yesterday that there are so many claims with Amazon and other retailers, people wanting to return broken items, not having received their orders. For the broken items, apparently most stores are just saying keep/donate/toss the broken item and then they are sending out replacements. Seems expensive but so is return postage I guess.

    My husband is from Tipp City and we have folks in Dayton, Cincinnati and Troy. The light display you shared looks incredible. Are you back in face-to-face church? Our church is open but I am still scared to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lights were at Coney Island in Cincinnati down close to the river. They've been doing it for several years now and we've been 3-4 times. I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  9. The Amazon package showing up after you got the refund is just amazing. Ugh. I hope they enjoyed double of everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Double presents, goodie, goodie! My Christmas presents to Daughter & Grands took a few extra days in the mail but all arrived in plenty of time for Christmas, thank goodness. I like riding & looking at lights too, though I don't do much of a display myself. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy