If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Click above if you'd like to link up with Joyce

1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? No, I didn't wear green.  I didn't realize today was St. Patrick's Day until I read Joyce's answers on her blog. Eat corned beef and cabbage? No plans to eat this. Drink green beer?  Nope. Have you ever been to Ireland? Again, nope.  Is it on your travel 'bucket list'? I wouldn't might going there, but I'd really just as soon travel and see more of the United States than leave the country.

2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? Not something, but someone.  My hubby!  He is always so supportive of me and all my crazy adventures.

3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? The older I get the queasier I get on swings and spinning rides.  Even roller coasters affect me now.

4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? That I get to see both girls and my grandson next week and that my oldest is marrying the sweetest guy.

5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it. 

March weddings are oh so much fun
Dreams coming true in the land of the sun.
The princess will soon be a bride
And the doors to their future are thrown open wide.

Okay, that was fun, but I really am not a poet.  lol

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Cathy

19 comments:

  1. Love me some Erma bombeck
    Yep... I was always iffy about any sort of rides - its gotten SO MUCH worse as ai Get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was the best. That saying hangs in my office too. Kelli painted it for me years ago.

      Delete
  2. I think your limerick was very good indeed! You should share it with your daughter for her wedding. Praying it will be a beautiful day in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam. I'm hoping it won't be too hot and hopefully no rain.

      Delete
  3. Just saw my daughter's wedding photo preview from the photographer today...he says we should have them in hand no later than Monday. So excited for you and your daughter and just all being together at the wedding too. Enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting Joyce. I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm looking so forward to next week for sure.

      Delete
  4. Erma Bombeck, that's a name I have not heard in ages. Nice limerick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I miss Erma. I loved her books.

      Delete
  5. Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge! I enjoyed your answers!! Hope you had a good St. Patrick's Day, even if you did forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these were fun questions and I did have a good day, Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I agree and there are so many beautiful things to see in the states! That's so nice that you have his support. I am beyond excited for you. Enjoy each and every moment of the wedding along with the girls and your grandson. I love your limerick and your random. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun limerick. Fun things afoot to give you a spring in your step!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even think about video games making me green around the gills. UGH.
    There is an awful lot to see in this country...it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would definitely love to travel this county more.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed your limerick. Oh and yes we still wear mask here. I have made a few of them. I am excited for you. Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a sparkly one to wear at the reception.

      Delete
  10. Great limerick!
    Hurray for the upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy