1. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? No, I have not been to Hawaii. Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Sometimes I'd like to go and I wouldn't turn down a free trip, however, I don't think that's going to happen and I'm okay with that. There are so many things to see within the 48 continental states. Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure? Mango and Pineapple. I'm not sure I've ever had guava.
2. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? An upcoming Craft Show Explain. I feel I'm in the deep end right now trying to figure out all the ends and outs of preparing for a craft show this fall. We've pretty much decided what we're making and have quite a bit prepared. But we also need to figure out the pricing, and how much do we really need to provide, etc. Lots of fun, but a little overwhelming too.
3. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer? Air conditioning. lol Actually, I love to see the ocean, but prefer it in the fall when it's not so hot.
4. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way. The sands of time. Life seems to be passing so swiftly (but then again, that's life).
5. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents? My parent's were pretty strict, but not unfairly so. If you're a parent where on the scale do you land? We were pretty strict too. Probably about an 8 or so, just like both sets of our parents.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm trying to live more often by this scripture hubby shared in his sermon a couple weeks ago.
good luck with the craft showReplyDelete
I have a difficult time with pricing things; that's when I delegate someone else to do it! :)ReplyDelete
LOVE the verse. I've had to ask St. Joseph to help me with prudence of speech a lot over the past few months! :)
I guess between my sister and I, we'll figure it out. lolDelete
That's a wonderful verse! I visited Hawaii back in the 70's, but wouldn't care to go back -- the hordes of people was off-putting and everything was really expensive. I'm with you on the air conditioning!ReplyDelete
I'd love to see Pearl Harbor, but otherwise, I'm happy being on the continent.Delete
I haven't had guava either. Good luck with your craft show. Life is passing too quickly and I'd like it to slow down. I like your random thought. Enjoy the rest of your week.ReplyDelete
Thank you Debby.Delete
So I need to print that scripture out & put in front of my face every day too :)ReplyDelete
I have ZERO desire to go to Hawaii - the trip is too long.. & I heard its SOOO expensive too.
I used to want to go really bad, but not really any more.Delete
I memorized this verse several years ago while dealing with a difficult group of people. It has certainly been useful in recent times too. It's so hard not to speak when you want to speak : ) Good luck with the craft show!ReplyDelete
Thank you Joyce!Delete
I'm a fan of the beach in winter. That's a good verse to keep up somewhere within view! Happy Hodgepodge to you!ReplyDelete
I agree. I need it right in front of me.Delete
Another interesting Hodgepodge from our friend, Joyce. Shifting sands and sands of time seem to be the theme from everyone today. I agree with you about the beach in cooler weather! A good scripture. xoReplyDelete
I love the beach in the fall.Delete