If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Tuesday 4

Music Music Music!

 Welcome friends!  Good to see you back for another Tuesday 4 where we keep Toni Taddeo's weekly blog post alive.  I hope you are enjoying them.  This week let's talk about music and entertainment shall we?  Link up here.


1. What kind of music do you like the best?  Southern Gospel.

2. Does the radio play in your car and if so what station or kind of music plays? Since I've retired, I'm doing more driving and if I'm by myself then yes, the music does play and it's a local channel for contemporary christian music. Does music play in your home often? Music at home is usually only if I'm home alone and I typically go to YouTube and find some Southern Gospel music, such as the Gaither's Homecoming Music or the Collingsworth Family.

3. What do you think of the music played in restaurants or stores? Do you find it relaxing or annoying? It depends on what type of music, although I can enjoy most kinds of music (although I'm not much of a fan for hard rock) as long as it is not turned up too loud.  I feel some restaurants blast the music so loud that you can't even hardly talk with the ones at your table. 

4. What part has music played in your life? What kind of music played at your wedding or at parties you have been to?  My parents, along with mom's dad & sister sang in a southern gospel quartet at church and also traveled to other churches some as I was growing up.  Then in my early 20's I sang in a quartet with my brother and 2 of my cousins.  Totally loved doing that.  I've also been the pianist at our church for the past 25 years. Then when I met my husband he was the music minister and choir director of our church and then after marriage we went to another church where he was music minister and youth minister. So music has always had a pretty big part in my life. 

 Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. That is cool about your husband being music minister and you playing the piano. Sadly I could not play in front of others. The fear of messing up was so strong that I just could not relax and enjoy. It just wasn't my gift. But my grand daughter is amazing and they are grooming her to play in the youth praise band. We all have our gifts right? Did you ever go to any of the Women of Faith Conferences? I loved hearing a whole arena of women praising the Lord. I went to look up So. Gospel music. I never heard much growing up in the Methodist church. Then I listened to Maranatha music, Vineyard, Integrity and Hillsong music along with so any other Christian singers. I love how Carrie Underwood sings How Great Thou Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Gaithers! To be honest, I wasn't familiar with them until I began following Joey and Rory. I'll bet you had such fun while singing with your brother and cousins. Did you travel, as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to read about others interests. I play the piano but have such severe stage fright that I never play in front of anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like Christian music. I'll have to check out more Gospel music. I agree, you have to be able to talk in a restaurant. Wow, I'm impressed. I love your answer for #4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your answers. It's fun reading what everyone enjoys and how music plays a role in their lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy