If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A Sentence a Day - January 2022





 Here's my January one day at a time:

1 - Saturday.  Hubby and I went to lunch at Outback and we knocked an almost full glass of pop off the table...thankfully we were getting ready to leave...great way to start the year.  lol 

2 - Sunday.  At church I delivered 2 hat and scarf sets and received an order for another...as long as I can make enough money to pay for my addiction to yarn, that keeps me pretty happy.

3 - Monday.  My first official day off work...went to church to meet with my cousin and a guy looking at the church organ...trying to decide if we should fix it or ditch it.

4 - Tuesday.  Took my sister out to shop and we had White Castle for lunch...fun!

5 - Wednesday.  Worked for a couple hours at church and picked up lunch for hubby and I and then I came home and relaxed and made some stuff for dinner and then off to church for a really good Bible Study.

6 - Thursday.  Spent the entire day at home and worked on my sister’s paperwork, started organizing the room I’m turning into my craft room finished reading Gideon’s Gift by Karen Kingsbury, and cut hubby’s hair…good day.  Also my brother’s first grandchild got to go home today after over two months in NICU…very good day!

7 - Friday.  Day 2 at home…can’t even remember the last time we spent 2 days at home…finished the hat and scarf set for a friend, read some, napped some, watched some TV and worked some. 


8 - Saturday.  Went to lunch as normal and then in the evening watched Bones and crocheted some more on a gray scarf I've been making for awhile.

9 - Sunday.  Went to church in the morning, then caught a nap in the afternoon and then back to church where I got to see a really beautiful sunset.

10 - Monday.  Started the day reading my Bible and drinking hot chocolate which is just about the perfect beginning to any day.


11 - Tuesday.  Hubby and I took his mom for cataract and glaucoma surgery very early (still dark for the first hour or so we were there) and then took her home and spent most of the day with her to make sure she was okay before we left...she did really well.

12 - Wednesday.  I took his mom for her 24-hour check-up...things going well (I sat in the car and read as I wasn't allowed to go in).

13 - Thursday.  Went out with my sisters and had Chick-fil-a for lunch and then did some Walmarting and went to Hobby Lobby...all in all a very good time.

14 - Friday.  Hubby and I took a drive to Plain City and went to an Amish style restaurant for lunch and it was delicious and then came home and then that evening I went with my sister and her husband to see our great nephew for the first time...he is beautiful and he is doing so well.

15 - Saturday.  I can't remember what I did this day, but according to my pictures I started another puzzle.

16 - Sunday.  Went to church in the morning and hubby cancelled the evening service due to snow, so we stayed in the rest of the day.

17 - Monday.  We stayed home in the morning due to the snow (only about an inch) and then headed out for lunch.

18 - Tuesday.  Spent most of the morning at church working on the nursery and also an office space for me and have a bunch of trash now to take out.

19 - Wednesday.  Made a white beanie hat with a black fur pom and went to Bible Study in the evening.

20 - Thursday.  Relaxed at home in the morning and watched some Better Together shows on TBN and then took my sister to an eye appointment.

21 - Friday.  Went to lunch with hubby and then to the grocery and that evening started a puzzle and also a navy blue beanie.

22 - Saturday.  Cooked some breakfast for hubby and I and spent most of the day at home.  Worked on the puzzle and then found out my nephew and his girlfriend got engaged.

23 - Sunday.  Went to church and then picked up some fried chicken for lunch and then spent the rest of the day at home due to impending snow (which there was never really much accumulation).

24 - Monday.  My daughter called early in the morning and told me she and her boyfriend got engaged on Sunday and I am so excited and happy for them...grabbed some Chick-fil-a for lunch (this is getting to be a habit) and then stopped at Joann's and bought a skein of red yarn (have an order for a red beanie with a white pom).

25 - Tuesday. Hubby and I went out to lunch at Chili's and I made the red hat that I bought the yarn for on Monday.

26 - Wednesday.  Went to the store with both my sisters and then picked up lunch and went to church with hubby and did some more work there...and I'm so enjoying spending this time at the church.

27 - Thursday.  Picked out the Bible Study we are going to do in the spring starting in mid-March.

28 - Friday.  We spent the day at home due to snow and extreme cold...there really wasn't that much snow, but we had no need to be out and it was so nice to just be home together.

It snowed off and on all day, so we really ended up with more than this. 

29 - Saturday.  Another day spent at home, which we seldom do and I so enjoyed reading, puzzle work, TV, some cooking and just being together...hubby also spent the morning setting up his new laptop and mine should be here in the next week or two...I can't wait.

Lucy's favorite spot when we're all home.

30 - Sunday.  Yay! Our local team, the Bengals are heading to the Super Bowl!

31 - Monday. Took Lucy to be groomed and picked up some lunch for hubby and I and took it to him at church, then went to the grocery and time to pick up Lucy, who looks so cute after being groomed.

Although I must say she doesn't look very happy. lol

I decided to try one of the 1 second a day videos.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful February.

Cathy

 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. You did a 1 Second Video - FUN FUN FUN!!!!
    I love me a Lisa Harper study!
    Sounds like January is just full of winter with all the hats & scarfs & SNOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed doing the one second video. I missed a couple days, but I got most. I can’t wait to get a head start on the Bible Study. I’m getting ready to start a new hat and scarf. Hoping to get my Etsy going again when I get my new computer.

      Delete
  2. I loved the comment about having enough funds for your yarn addiction, grin. Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so very true. If I can make enough to get the yarn I want to make more, then I'm a happy person. Although, honestly I'd like to make even more and make it more of a side business. But not sure I'll ever really get there.

      Delete
  3. Yay for getting to meet your great nephew and engagements!!! And I could use some days at home doing puzzles. That sounds like a perfect winter thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the engagements - what lovely news! Staying home, keeping warm and eating comfort food is the best way to spend a cold, snowy day. Great to see your 1 Second everyday video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Bengals. Will be pulling for them next week.

    Your hats are adorable. Can't imagine knocking one of those out in a day. I couldn't knock one out in a lifetime!!

    Thankful the baby got to go home from the NICU. So very difficult having a baby in NICU and longing to have it home with you. Hope it thrives surrounded by family.

    Love all the time you spent with your sisters. Didn't realize Walmart could be a verb as in Walmarting!! Great word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy looks quite cute (and, yes, a bit unpleased) with her fresh haircut! She must not like all the fuss:) I really like your hats...super cute! Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try 1 sec a day again. Something happened I my account was closed or deleted. Lost my January video. Will try again for this month.

    Love your knit creations. Cannot imagine sitting down and making a hat in an afternoon. Just adorable. So talented.

    Lucy has a delightful place to watch the world go by. Our kitties like to do the same from the windowsill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your retirement & your year is off to a good start. That Lucy is a cutie! Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy