If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

Click above to link up with Joyce for the Hodgepodge.

1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge landing on Groundhog's Day sounds about right. Besides the Hodgepodge what else lands on your calendar just once a week? Is it as much fun as the Hodgepodge-ha!? I can't think of anything that comes up just once a week for me right now.

2. The Winter Olympics begin on Friday, surrounded by much controversy. Will you be watching? I seldom watch news, so I didn't know there is a controversy.  Will I watch...probably some of it anyway.    Why or why not?  Because I love ice skating.  Have you ever been to China? Nope!

3. Something in your life lately that has felt a bit like an 'olympic event'? Just trying to get all the insurance and retirement stuff straightened out...but it's going pretty good (Thank you God).

4. Do you like fondue?  Sweet or savory?    Never really had it much, so I don't really know.  Restaurant only or do you own your own fondue set? No fondue set.

5. Give us five short (2-3 word) phrases to sum up your January. 
1st retirement month
Was pretty busy
Good so far.
I wonder why
I waited so long!

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I know it's February and you're supposed to pick a word in January.  I figured I would skip it this year, but I can't seem to get away from this word.  It is WORD.  The WORD is the scriptures, the Bible and Jesus is also called The Word.  I want more of both in 2022.  So I guess my word this year is "Word".

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy


11 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better word to concentrate on than the Word. I hope you learn to enjoy your retirement as much as I did 11 years ago. It took a while to adjust my routine, but I never ever missed one single thing about working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I miss seeing the people a little, but definitely not the job. lol I didn't hate it, but I was surely ready to go on to something else. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. WORD - I'm saying in the cool hip hop way - WORD - I like it though - a good pick
    I love me some ice skating - the only thing I basically watch in the winter olympics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you make me laugh. Yes, ice skating is pretty much all I watch too.

      Delete
  3. WORD ... great pick, Cathy!
    Given the state of surveillance and warnings re. cell phones, I'm still struggling to decide if we'll watch the Winter Games. I just pray our athletes will all return home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your word "Word". How awesome to think of the Word becoming flesh and dwelling among us. I have the word "Encouraged" and I hope I am an encouragement to others.

    Enjoy your retirement. I feel like you. I missed the people I worked with, but certainly not the job. I've been retired for six years now and have new people I spend time with and a whole new outlook on life. I love being able to be more active at church and to have my own routine. You will get your routine down in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WORD is a good work. The WORD became flesh. I am glad you are enjoying your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good choice for the year. More of the Word! Congratulations on your retirement!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skating too and I can't wait. I'm glad all the paperwork is going well. I like your phrases. I think that is a great word you picked having to do with THE WORD from the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know there was a controversy either. Maybe we'll watch a few things but I don't know. We LOVE fondue. My MIL has a set (she is Swiss). Yay on your first retirement month. I like your "word" of the year. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy