If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 

Come and join us for Thankful Thursday.  You won't regret it.  Click herehere or here to link up.

These are the things I am thankful for today:

**I'm thankful for the ladies that do this link-up every week and remind me to be thankful for all God has done for me and given to me.  Thank you Rebecca, Jennifer and Leslie.

**Speaking of Jennifer, she posted a recipe the other day for Tortilla Soup.  I made it yesterday and it was delicious and, in fact, I'm eating the last of it this morning as I'm typing this post.  Thanks Jennifer.



**I'm thankful for my sister and my cousin who are keeping me supplied with jigsaw puzzles and I'm so thankful for the time to actually work some.
 




**I'm thankful for my hubby.  I bought a new laptop and he helped me get it set up and he upgraded it from Windows 10 to 11.  He started the upgrade after church last night and he even got up in the middle of the night to send it to the next step and then finished it this morning before going to work, so I would be able to use it today.  God so blessed me with this man.

**I'm so thankful for the new computer because now I'm back in my comfort zone in a windows environment...I just never fully adjusted to the Apple World, although I love my Apple phone, watch and iPad...just not the computer so much.
I added this sticker to my laptop so we could tell the difference between them at a glance

**I'm enjoying the books I'm reading.  Finding some, new to me, authors and then a friend at church brought me 3 new books that I haven't read, so I'm looking forward to that and I'm thankful for reading friends who like to share.

So these are a few of the things I'm thankful for today.  What are you thankful for?

Thanks for visiting (I'm thankful for you too) and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy


10 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful man, your husband! I almost get a panic attack thinking about setting up new electronics; I don't even want to think about Windows 11. Right now, I'm thankful for a good follow-up visit this morning with Tom's surgeon. He doesn't want to see us again for 3 months. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What wonderful news. I'm so happy for you both!!

      Delete
  2. The soup looks delicious. I love seeing your puzzle, the pictures are so nice. So happy about your new computer. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are really enjoying retirement!! Love that you can do puzzles. I had such good intentions, but then I had my neck issues and arm issues and just couldn't sit there and do them, so I have a lovely brand new one that I got for Christmas that is still waiting. Oh, a new laptop! Sounds wonderful. I haven't tried Windows 11 yet. Is it very different from 10? How sweet of your hubby to get it all set up for you. That's a BIG help! The tortilla soup sounds good. I may have to try it sometime. Enjoy your wonderful relaxing days!! You've earned them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, you are so sweet. I don't think that Windows 11 is all that different. Hubby is helping me get it set up more like I'm used too. He also just got Microsoft Office installed for me. I love that man.
      Pam, I hope your alarm and neck issues will straighten up soon so you can get back to your puzzles and get that new Christmas puzzle worked. Take care my friend.

      Delete
  4. You are finding all kinds of good things to enjoy now that you're retired! Those puzzles are very pretty! I have a few around and bought a puzzle case to do them in so I can put them up and away when the kiddos are around...but I haven't actually gotten around to doing one yet. lol I need either a new laptop or a tablet. I've never had a tablet but we were looking at some the other day that had add-on keyboards so maybe... I have Windows 11 on my current laptop. I don't know if I like it or not, but it may just be because the laptop is grinding so slowly these days. Anyway, I enjoyed your list. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm staying busy for sure! lol I've just started using Windows 11 and so far it's not bad and this new laptop is way faster than the old Apple Desktop I was using! Have a great weekend Stacy.

      Delete
  5. Oh, glad that soup worked out for you - I love new recipes.
    Love your computer sticker!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. From the outside our laptops look identical so this sticker will help us to know whose is whose, plus who doesn't love Mickey Mouse and Stars. This was a sticker I bought many years ago for scrapbooking and just hadn't used it yet.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy