If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

Click above to link up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond

1. Besides the predictable name-rank-serial number, what's something you know by heart? I know some songs by heart and some scripture and that's about all I can think of at the moment.

2. Something recently that had you tickled pink? I know it seems like I mention it every post but being retired just tickles me pink.  I am so happy and content and as everyone says, I've been so busy I can't imagine how I ever found time to go to work.

3. How do you define the word romantic, and are you one? I don't consider myself a romantic, but I love my husband with all my heart, and I would do anything for him.  

4. Finish this verse with your own original thought....'Roses are red, violets are blue... 
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm loved, happy and content,
And I hope you are too.

5. Five little things you are loving right now?
Reading
Working jigsaw puzzles
Spending time with hubby
Cooking (who knew?)
Knitting hats and scarves 

 6. Insert your own random thought here.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

19 comments:

  1. Love the closing quote! Have a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! I know what you mean about the cooking. It's like a whole different experience to cook when you don't have to do it after working all day. Glad you are enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is and it has totally surprised me.

      Delete
  3. I forgot to mention song lyrics! I've a litany of pre-1980 tunes stored in my brain, all ready for "Don't Forget the Lyrics"! (I miss that show!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for your enjoyment of retirement! Sounds like you are filling your days well. I enjoyed your answers and was nodding my head with a lot of them. Happy Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your puzzles. Where do you get them all?
    Yes scripture - when I was in the hospital with my TIA, where I couldnt get my mind straight, I kept trying to remember scripture & I couldnt remember any of it & it was just making me cry... when things settled down after a few hours, it came back to me & I always am repeating the same scriptures in my head because I never want to not be able to say them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and cousin are keeping me supplied right now, plus I have a few of my own. I'm so glad the scriptures have come back to you. That must have been so scary.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you're loving retirement! When it doesn't come at the end of a long work day cooking is a very enjoyable activity. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has surprised me that I'm enjoying it.

      Delete
  7. Songs and scripture are good to know by heart. Hooray on being retired. I like what you did with the Roses are red... I enjoy seeing your puzzles. I love quote you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your last meme! Yes, indeed! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge and agree that being retired is worthy of tickling you pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the same thing about being busy and loving the retired life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your poem and your favorite little things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy