If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A Sentence A Day - February 2022


This is my February Once Sentence a Day.

1 - Tuesday.  Took hubby into work and I stopped in for a bit and used the computer to finish a blog post and then went to the grocery (I really didn't have anything else I needed to do) and stood in line for approximately 50 minutes to check out...Snow or ice coming later this week...but everyone seemed to take it in stride and it was rather fun standing and talking to people and watching their faces when they realized we were almost in the back of the store but we were in the checkout line.  lol

 
This guy was a hoot.  He was taking pictures just like me.  Said his wife was going to wonder why it's taking him so long.  I told him he was in trouble, except he had pictures he could prove it with.  lol

2 - Wednesday.  I took hubby to work as his van is still in the garage (almost 2 weeks now) and then I went and met my sisters for our weekly shopping trip and then back to church and spent the afternoon there and then we had Bible Study at church where hubby did a lesson on Gideon and the Fleece.

3 - Thursday.  Hubby and I both were home because the weather was pretty bad this day so I did some cooking of potato soup for lunch and a chicken broccoli casserole for supper.

4 - Friday.  We had another day at home where sleet finally stopped and snow started and my guess we got about 2 inches of ice and 3 or 4 of snow.

5 - Saturday.  We finally got out and took a drive and got Chick-fil-a for lunch and I ran into the grocery because I wanted some chips and hubby wanted some pop and then we spent the rest of the day at home, reading (finished reading With You Always Orphan Train #1 by Jody Hedlund) and watching TV and working a puzzle.

6 - Sunday.  Church was cancelled because the parking lot was really bad and later in the afternoon we ran to McCallisters and got a sandwich and soup for lunch and again spent the day reading and working the jigsaw puzzle and watching some TV in the evening and also my baby brother turned 59 today.

7 - Monday.  Finished the jigsaw puzzle I've been working on for the past week or two and then my new laptop was finally delivered today and I'm using it now for this post and so far I'm liking it.

Disney-Thomas Kincaide puzzle my sister got me for Christmas

8 - Tuesday.  Worked another jigsaw puzzle and went to lunch at Chuy's with hubby and then ran into the grocery and got the stuff to make Chicken Tortilla Soup (recipe by Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness) with plans to make it tonight to eat tomorrow.

9 - Wednesday.  I made the soup I talked about above and Jennifer it was delicious!  
 
10 - Thursday.  Got my new laptop set up.

11 - Friday.

12 - Saturday.  Finished a puzzle in the morning and had lunch with Tracy at Texas Roadhouse and then a quiet evening at home. and finished Reading Together Forever by Jody Hedlund.

13 - Sunday.  Super Bowl Sunday so I made a black and orange scrunchie for my cousin as she's a big Bengal's fan...but unfortunately they lost.

14 - Monday.  My sister and I went shopping at Joann's and Walmart and had lunch at Chick-Fil-A.

15 - Tuesday.  

16 - Wednesday.  Took my youngest sister to her neurologist appointment and then went to Walmart and had a quick dinner from McDonald's.

17 - Thursday.  Finished reading Searching for You by Jody Hedlund

18 - Friday.  This was our 33rd Anniversary so we went to P.F. Chang's for lunch and just enjoyed a day spent together.

19 - Saturday.  I finished 2 hats and hubby and I went to lunch at Olive Garden

20 - Sunday.  We had church and the sermon was titled "The Lawyer Who Wanted a Loophole" from Luke 10:  25-27...he is preaching a series on Conversations with Jesus and I also made another hat.

21 - Monday.  

22 - Tuesday.  I went into church for a bit and did some Bible Study and blogging and then we made meatloaf for dinner and I had fresh asparagus and hubby had roasted brussell sprouts and again a quiet evening at home.  

23 - Wednesday.  Went out with both sisters to Walmart and then picked up something for my younger sister and she went home and Beverly and I went to Lowe's and Kroger and got a sandwich from Arby's and then church that evening.

24 - Thursday.  Hubby put a beef roast in the slow cooker and then we added noodles to it for supper...we stayed home all day except for going to pick up my car from the mechanic after and oil change.

25 - Friday.  Went to Red Robin for lunch and came back home and I completed another puzzle and we binged Bones and Murdoch Mysteries and finished reading An Awakened Heart by Jody Hedlund.


26 - Saturday.  Picked up hubby's mom and we went to lunch at Chuy's and then to Joann's and drove around and had the best time talking about all kinds of stuff...past and present.

27 - Sunday.  We had 2 great services on Sunday and in the afternoon I finished a puzzle I was working and started another.

28 - Monday.  I went to the church with hubby for the day and then ran in the store to pick up some hamburger buns for supper along with a few other things, then home for a quiet evening with some house cleaning and puzzle working and a little TV binging.

And that's my month.  How was your month?  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

    1SE

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. Need all the proof in the grocery - I just took a pic of empty shelves of something Hubby wanted me to pick up - Lol
    Love that Bengals scrunchie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny that you took a pic to show him. lol

      It was really fun and easy.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was the longest grocery line I've ever seen backed up that far. The potato soup & broccoli casserole sound delicious & savory for the cold winter days we've had. I tried a new sloppy joe soup recipe. It was good. I picked up the fall puzzle I was working on & put it back in the box. I have worked 0 puzzles this winter, just not been in the puzzle working mood, I guess. Happy Anniversary! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I’ve done several as you can tell and I’ve enjoyed them this year. Sloppy Joe Soup sounds interesting.

      Delete
  3. I am always in awe of you folks who do a sentence a day. Wow! I barely remember what I had for breakfast two days ago! Happy March! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree, how do you do this? I have to refer to my cell phone for memories. Do you keep a journal? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated anniversary! I can not get over the line/wait at the grocery store. I'm not sure I'd have enough patience for that. All your puzzles look great; I have only managed to complete 1 so far this winter. I've had one where I put the outer boarder together sitting on our dining table for nearly 3 weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is some queue! That takes me back to the early days of lockdown! Things are so much easier now we are back to using the self scanning hand held units so we only have to do a quick click and pay at the self service tills.
    Sounds like you have been making some delicious comfort food dishes to get you through this cold spell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems we almost all had snow in February. And I cannot believe we have it in the forecast for Friday. Just flurries but still!!

    Cannot believe how many puzzles you worked in a month. I have tried and tried to get my hubs to work a puzzle with me to no avail. I can't leave puzzles out for long because we have kitties that know no boundaries. Come over and bring a puzzle and we can work it together!!

    I am an ex-military wife and when we were overseas, the checkout line at the commissary would sometimes be about an hour long. I always had 2 little ones in tow, and did monthly shopping so a huge cart full of food. Really hated grocery shopping back then and not too crazy about it now!!

    I need to remember to go to Joann's now and then. My sister and I scrapbook but it is getting harder and harder to find scrapbook supplies. I guess it is no longer popular. Need to check Joann's. Wish my sister lived close enough to 'do lunch' and shopping on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those puzzles look so great! Why was there such a long line at the grocery store? It reminds me of when Covid first hit or a stat holiday coming up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy