If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

Bits of This and That

Working on lessons in my little office at church


Today I'm posting some scriptures that came up in my Bible Study and I want to think on them and I believe putting them here and reading them will help me to keep them in mind.  So this post is really for me.  But you are welcome to read and think about them too.

Ephesians 5: 1-2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Ephesians 5:15-20  "Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.  Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.  Instead, be filled with the Spirit.  Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.  Sing and make music in your hear to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Colossians 4:5-6  "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

Matthew 7:21-23  "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, and do many miracles in your name?'  Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you.  Depart from me, you lawbreakers!'"

 I'm thinking following these scriptures could help me to have a closer relationship with Jesus (and that last verse shows that this is a very serious thing and I really want to make sure our relationship is everything He wants it to be) and hopefully it will also make me a better witness to others. 

I can hear my husband listening to worship music in his office.  He's listening to the song "I Stand Amazed in the Presence" .  What a Beautiful Song!  So many times I get lax in spending with Jesus and my life shows it.  My heart's desire is to be with Him more and more. 


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. P.S. I really like the look here, smiles.---and yes, evil is among us--all around us and the devil is roaming free.

    Have a beautiful day. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful week to have the reminder to spend time with Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special song! I got to her Chris Tomlin in concert a few years ago along with Lauren Daigle. It was their Christmas concert. I like all the verses you shared too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful worship song! Thanks for sharing verses...and the challenge!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing those Bible verses. I agree with you, this is a very serious thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy