If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Tuesday 4

 

Memorials...

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

We celebrated Memorial Day on Monday... let's talk about memorials and memories.

1. Do you find memories comforting or troubling?  I would suppose it depends on the memory.  I have many good ones and some not so good ones.

2.  Have you set up a memorial for a loved one or friend? Not really, unless you consider where my parents and brother are buried.  We decorate these several times a year.




3.  What songs bring back good memories for you? The children's song, "And the Green Grass Grows All Around" reminds me of when I was little and my dad used to sing it to us in the car and then Hubby and I sang it to our girls as they were growing up and I've even had the opportunity to sing it to my grandsons.  Actually, I even remember singing it in front of my girls friends when we were in the car.  It always brought fun and laughter and I love those memories.

4.  Have you visited Civil War or Revolutionary War sites? Yes, we took a trip to Gettysburg several years back with our girls and we loved it so much.  

Thank you so much for visiting and if you'd like to participate, you can link up here.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. I used to sing The Green Grass Grows all around in my preschool class, but it is on a CD and I have gone to YouTube for music now. I am glad you brought it up though. I am sure it is on YouTube too. I will look for it. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard that song before, but just Googled it. How fun! And, what's better than the sound of children's laughter?! Wishing you and your hubby and beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra and I hope you both have a great day too.

      Delete
  3. I remember singing that song a long time ago. I was a preschool teacher before I had kids. I would have liked to seen Gettysburg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took an audio car tour and it was awesome. I don't know if they still do that or not. Hope I can go back some day and I hope you get to go too.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed reading your answers. I didn't join in this week. Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby and I hope you well goes well too,

      Delete
  5. The old songs are so fun!! We sang in the car a lot, too! Wishing you a blessed June ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri and I wish the same for you.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I haven't thought of that song in a long time! What a fun song to sing together! And yes, we used to sing in the car too. One time my hubby and I sang every hymn we could think of as we drove a long trip home. It helped pass the time in a very pleasant way and kept us awake! I think the kids were asleep in the back seat by then. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent thought of that song in ages! I think decorating graves counts a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one to sing, especially when my hubby sings along and adds the harmony.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed your answers this week...I always love these questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy