If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, June 13, 2022

Bits of This and That

Things were pretty quiet this weekend for us.  On Friday I started the day with an early morning walk.  I so love to get up early and close the exercise ring on my Apple Watch by 7:00-7:30am.  Then hubby and I had Chinese for lunch and went to the grocery and then we cooked cheese nip chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese for supper and had a quiet evening at home.

These pots of flowers were outside the restaurant.

Aren't they beautiful

On Saturday Lucy and I took another early morning walk and then came back and relaxed for a bit.


Then a little later we picked up hubby's mom and we went to Eaton, Ohio and had lunch at Bob Evans (best chicken salad fruit plate around in my humble opinion).  Then we drove up to Houston Woods State Park and just enjoyed driving through and seeing everything, plus lots of driving through the country roads again.  I really didn't take any pictures, because I've taken pictures of the things I like in the past multiple times and then again I was driving.  On the way back we decided to stop at the cemetery where Tracy's dad was laid to rest.  

While there I got this picture of hubby and his mom.

Love these 2 to the moon and back.

Sunday we had 2 great services at church and then the rest of our day was very relaxing.  On the way home from the evening service we stopped by my sister's house as she had some stuff there for Kerri for me to pick up.  A couple of robins made a next on the top of one of her porch lights.  While we were talking out in the drive, we could see the babies with their heads sticking up out of the nest.  So we went over and I got these pictures.




Sharing the video of Sunday morning's sermon (actually pre-recorded during the week).


After writing this post, I'm thinking maybe my weekend wasn't quite as quiet as I thought when I started this post.  lol  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Sometimes a nice quiet one is just what you need...and Chinese is sounding soooo good to me right now. Yum! Love seeing the baby birds. My daughter has a nest over her porch light, too. She doesn't want them there and boy, the battle she fought with them...and the mess they made on her porch was something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister didn't want them either and actually had cleaned a nest off the other light, but missed this one until it was too late and the eggs were there. So they get to stay until the fly off and then she will clean that mess up.

      Delete
  2. Does sound like a rather full weekend!! Such cute birds. We had a nest - watched the momma and dad work so hard making it - but they never settled in it. Here's to a good (and blessed) week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet weekend! I've been craving Chinese food; maybe it will happen sooner rather than later? Cross fingers! Your mother-in-law is so attractive! That's a great picture of she and Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hadn't had Chinese for a while either and it was so good. Hope you get some real soon.

      Delete
  4. Friday sounds like a very nice day. It is always pleasant to drive through country roads. So nice to be able to visit the cemetery. Nice picture of hubby and his mom. The sweet little baby birds. Nice weekend you had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still sounds like a great weekend and I wanted to say I have been enjoying your husbands sermons. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. I will let him know.

      Delete
  6. Good for you getting out and walking! I am such a slug! Your weekend sounds like it was just right - a perfect balance between busy and relaxing! Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri and I hope you have a good week too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy