If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday 4

 

♬ ♫ Summertime and the Living is Easy. ♩ ♪

 Hey.. you're back!  Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we just want you to meet new folks and get to know the ones you already know a bit better. Besides, it gives you something to blog about too.  Link here to join in.

This week let's talk about Summertime.

1. What gave you the most fun in summer as a kid or as an adult? Some of the most fun to me was when we had a pool in the backyard and some of the cousins would come and swim with us.

2. Does summer heat get to you? How do you cope? Yes, it does.  I cope by staying inside if it's really hot and muggy, fans help me a lot too.

3.  Do you have summertime foods and drinks you really enjoy eating?   Does your menu change in summer? I love watermelon and tomatoes and fresh garden items for dinner.  We typically do not eat as heavy in the summer heat.  Less pastas (unless cold pasta salads) and less soups and chilis, etc.  Lighter fare and grilled items and veggies are wonderful!  In fact, tonight we're having green beans with red potatoes in them and corn on the cob!  Yum!!

4. Do you enjoy sitting outside or on the porch in summertime?  How about some photos of where you enjoy being in summer.  If it's not too hot I enjoy sitting on the porch and watching the hummingbirds and other birds.  I'm enjoying getting up early 6-7am and taking my walk before the heat sets in for the day.  That's been working really well for me so far.

We have 2 rockers on this porch and if
I'm outside, this is where I sit.






Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.
Cathy

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty house. I bet you enjoy sitting on your porch. I don't really have a covered porch, so I do not sit out much. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I don't sit out there as much as I'd like, but I can handle the mosquitos very well.

      Delete
  2. Your porch sounds so nice! I am not a morning person, or I would get up and walk. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fresh veggies supper sounds wonderful! With our sky-high temps and humidity, early mornings are my favorite time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the front of your home. I love eating fresher produce and fruit in the summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your answers and it has been so much fun to read everyone's answers. the memories, the food, it makes we realize just how wonderful has been to live in this country and the blessings we have enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice front porch!! I enjoyed your answers and stay in where the AC keeps me comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lovely front porch! If I had a covered front porch I would put rockers on it too. I just love to see rockers on a front porch! Good for you getting out so early for your walks! I can't quite make it outside that early, but we do try to go around 8:30 or 9, but even then it is getting too hot. Then we go again after supper, but tonight it is actually raining, so no walk for us. I'm glad for the rain, however. Your summer food sounds good!! We try to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer growing up was so much fun. We had a pool for awhile. Fresh garden items do sound good. Yum on your meal tonight! Looks like a nice porch. I love watching the hummingbirds, bees and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all for staying inside on hot humid days. I just hate that it has to be that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy