If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 

Click here to link up.


I'm writing this Wednesday morning and I just received a text that a good friend and former co-worker/boss passed away last night.  Helen was such a wonderful supervisor at work, but more than that she became a good friend and I enjoyed her so much.  I worked with her from the time I started at the PD in 1976 until she retired in 2000 or 2001.  She is actually the one who trained me in dispatching.  She could be a little gruff when at work, but most people didn't get to know her as I did.  We both loved General Hospital and we talked about it and I remember going to her apartment to watch the episode together where Luke and Laura got married.  Do any of you remember that? But we both loved books, good food and we both loved Jesus.  She gave me such good counsel when needed and was probably one of the best friends I ever had.  I'm only about 6 years older than her daughter, but even with our age difference Helen and I had so much in common.  After she retired, we didn't see each other often or even talk much, but she always called me on my birthday and I always called her on her birthday.  This year in June she turned 86 and as always, I called her, but did not get an answer or even an answering machine to leave a message on.  But she did call me in December just before I retired and we talked then.  This world is a little sadder place without Helen, but heaven is even sweeter now.  I'm looking forward to the day I get to see her again, along with all my other friends and family.  It seems to me that heaven is getting sweeter all the time.



14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Cathy. But how blessed you (both) were to have known one another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. I know I was blessed for sure.

      Delete
  2. How blessed we are by our friendships - all kinds of friends and friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear your friend passed on. What a blessed tribute post to your treasured friend. Blessings.
    Visiting today from Thankful Thursday #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you lost such a dear friend, but lost isn't really a good way to say it. She isn't lost because you know where she is!! You wrote a beautiful tribute to her. Sending a hug!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS... yes! I remember when Luke and Laura got married. I loved GH back in the day!! xo

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind words.

      Delete
  5. Not sure where my first comment went? I am sorry your dear friend died. You will see her again and what a wonderful promise that is!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Terri. For some reason Blogger keeps putting some of my posts as spam. That's where I found yours. I don't know what's going on.

      Delete
  6. I am very sorry for your loss of a dear friend. What a lot of sweet memories you have! Yes, it is wonderful when we know we will meet again one day in heaven. Praise God for this hope found in Jesus Christ our Lord. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy