If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, August 8, 2022

Bits of This and That

 Good morning!

It's Monday at 10:40 and I am sitting in my little office reading blog posts and now writing this one.  I love reading others' posts and learning a little more about them each day or just laughing and enjoying the humor they share and/or the pictures they post and getting just a glimpse into their life.

Hubby and I had a really quiet weekend and I enjoyed it all.  I read a really good book by my favorite author.  I have read it 2-3 times before and each time I enjoy it more and more.  The author is Lori Wick and as far as I can tell she is no longer writing.  So I just reread her old ones from time to time.  I hope someday she'll write another.



I also read these 2 books last week and really enjoyed them.  My sister loves this author and has all her books and is constantly looking for new ones by her.  Evidently she writes several a year.  They are a little shorter but these 2 were really good.  I'll have to get my sister to loan me a couple more by her through the Kindle app.  I love being able to do this as my 2 libraries do not carry her books yet.  Her name is Jean Kuhnke.



It feels really good to finally have my reading mojo back.  My GoodReads goal for this year is 50 books.  Don't know if I'll make it as I've been in a real reading funk the last couple of months.  Time will tell. lol

I also missed several of my morning walks last week, but hopefully I'm back on track.  Yesterday while out with Lucy, we saw this hot air balloon flying over our subdivision.  And also a very beautiful sunrise across the field from the cul-de-sac at the end our road.



We had really good services at church on Sunday.  Hubby has started a new series from the book of Hebrews.  Actually he did the first 15 sermons last summer and is picking it up again and it's called "Let Us Fix Our Eyes on Jesus." Below is a video of the sermon that is posted on YouTube and FB.

Well that's about all I have to day.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.


Cathy




12 comments:

  1. Oh, Our pastor also preached on Hebrews 12 this past Sunday! Must be the theme God wants us all to hear. It is a powerful book and chapter. I love your pictures of the hot air balloon and sunrise and the books you are reading. I have lost my reading "mojo" for some reason...and my new glasses don't seem to focus correctly for reading. I need to go back and get them to adjust them or change them or something...it's very frustrating. Finding a comfortable position for reading is a challenge also, since I have a frozen shoulder and the other one is now acting like it wants to do the same thing. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I don't want to add any strain to it. Anyway, those are my excuses for not reading at this time. I think I'm also just lazy. LOL. Now that we are helping the kids at their store I really don't have much free time anyway, and my reading time is trying to catch up with blogs, etc. Oh, I know I read books by Lori Wick some time ago. I may have read that one. It looks familiar. When I was doing a lot of reading, I would work my way through good Christian authors one book at a time until I read everything I could find by each one and then move on to a different author. Thankfully at the time our public library had a great selection of Christian fiction, which is my preferred genre. Anyway, someday maybe I'll get back to it. You are inspiring me to give it a try again. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot for awhile and then I don't read for awhile. It's kind of on and off. I do love Christian fiction. I think my love for it started with Grace Livingston Hill. My grandma liked her too.

      Delete
  2. So happy you had a quiet weekend and are reading. Sounds wonderful. How nice to see the hot air balloon and the sunrise is beautiful too. Love your quote. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes, Pastor Janet's message yesterday was also taken from Hebrews. Your weekend sounds lovely and WOW on that balloon sighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - that was a stunning sunrise! Such beautiful morning walks you enjoy!! Here's to another quiet and peace-filled week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sunrise! Yes, it does feel good to get the reading mojo back. I had really slacked off the last couple of years so when I decided to get back to it this year, I set my Goodreads goal low at only 30 books for the year, but I've surprised myself. I've got 20 read already and I'm working on 21! I have to admit, being stuck at home for a couple of weeks with covid helped. I read 3 or 4 in that time. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear yours is coming back too.

      Delete
  6. Your weekend sounds lovely. I'm so glad you're reading well again! I totally feel the pain of being in a rut with books. Once you get started again, it kind of gets the ball rolling. I love seeing hot air balloons! I think they're so beautiful and peaceful. I love hearing the whoosh of the fire as the pilot takes the balloon higher. We once gave a hot air balloon ride to my mom-in-love for her birthday as a gift. She loved it and still talks about it today. I love Hebrews and I bet that is going to be a great sermon series!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy