If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Thankful Thursday


You can click here to link-up for Thankful Thursday

 Today, I'm thankful for a full day at home.  By choice lately I've been going to the church with hubby 3-4 times a week and spending most of the day there.  Today, he decided he had some things he needed to accomplish at home.  So here we are and I'm really glad.  I've been letting some things slide here at home lately and I hope to catch up on a lot of it today.  It's 10:30 and so far I've accomplished:

*Reading the chapters for today in the YouVersion Chronological Plan I started back in mid-January.  Currently, I'm in Ezekiel which has some of those visions that are a little strange.  lol

*Took my 30 minute walk with the dog, while listening to part of a podcast called Back Porch Theology with Lisa Harper  The one I listened to was called "The Great Name Exchange".  I'm only about halfway through it, but it is very good.

*Hubby and I fixed some breakfast and I cleaned up afterward.

*Helped hubby for a few minutes in his office where he's getting ready to install his new computer.  You know, you always need to do some clean-up from the old before you start the new. (well, at least we need to.  lol)

*On my second load of laundry in the wash...the first is drying.

*Cleared out some more things from my closet.  I'm gradually working on that a little at a time.  

Now, I'm taking a break to write this blog and read some others and then will get back to whatever I decide is next.  I also plan to take some time to do some more reading today.  I checked my GoodReads App and found out that I read 10 books in August.  That's a lot for me.  But I really everyone of them.  You can see the most recent ones in my sidebar, if your interested.

Here are some other things I'm thankful for:

*I watched a good movie yesterday on Hallmark called "At Home in Mitford".  I did not realize they had made a movie from that series written by Jan Karon.  It was really good and I hope to re-read that series, plus the new ones she has added to it, some time this winter.

*Hubby's going to make chili today (hey, it's September so don't judge. lol)  

*I've been retired now for 8 months...I can hardly believe it!  

Life is good and I feel so blessed!  

Cathy


10 comments:

  1. I loved the Mitford series and didn't know about the movie! Thanks! I will be looking for it. I always enjoy your thankful lists!! Glad you had a catch-up day at home!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I hope you enjoy it. It has Cameron Mathison and Andie McDowell

      Delete
  2. So much to be thankful for. Can't believe it's been 8 months already! Yes, that's a good Hallmark movie. Enjoy the chili.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet your house smells wonderful with the chili brewing! Thanks for the tip on YouVersion. There's much I still need to explore, but so far I'[m enjoying the daily verses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Myra. The chili was so good. Hubby makes the best! And there are leftovers.

      Delete
  4. You sure had a productive day at home! I am hoping to start catching up on household chores tomorrow as both Colton and Leah will be in school so no babysitting. I'm going to miss all my time with them, but school will be so good for them and it will be nice to get the house in order. Chili sounds yummy! I haven't made any fall dishes yet, but I've started to shop with those kinds of meals in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chili was wonderful! I think school can be so good for kids. My Colton is loving it so far!

      Delete
  5. They made a movie about the Mitford series!! How did I not know this? My favorite books ever!! I must look that up:) Here's to a good weekend - and some good Bible reading. That Ezekiel can be a challenge!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Hope you enjoy the movie. I'm planning to re-read the Mitford Series this winter.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy