If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Thankful Thursday

We all have many things to be thankful for, if we just stop long enough to think about it.  And to me, that is the purpose for these Thankful Thursday posts.  Link up is hereIt makes me stop and look back over my week and deliberately think about the things in my life God has blessed me with.   And there are many.  But for today, this is what I wish to post about. 

***I received a 30%off coupon for Kohl's last week.  

***My sister...she's always up for a shopping trip.  I called and asked if she wanted to go to Kohl's as I had that coupon and of course, she said yes.  I picked her up this morning and off we went.  We leisurely shopped and I ended up buy 3 new tops.  Two were left over from summer type short-sleeved shirts and the other is definitely a darker colored dressier blouse for the fall.  I love all of them.  Then we went into TJ Maxx and browsed.  Before you know it, we both had found some fall type tops we loved.  We each brought home 3 from there.  

***Earrings...I was looking for some gold hoop earrings and was going to buy a pair and she told me she had some at home and she no longer wears earrings and said she would give them to me.  So when I dropped her off back at home, I went in with her and she gave me a whole box of earrings.  

***Tomatoes...She also gave me more tomatoes from their garden.  I had to pick them, but I love that and I love the fresh tomatoes!  

***That same sister invited me to a women's retreat they are having next month at her church.  I'm so excited to go.  They have a guest speaker and then break into some small groups and there will be 3 meals provided, plus a craft to make.  

See why I am so thankful for my sister.  She is always doing and giving and is such a blessing to me.  She was pretty much a second mom to me growing up (even though she was only about 5 years older.  After our mom passed in 2015, she really stepped up her game even more.  She has definitely become the matriarch of our family.  I'm not sure she appreciates that necessarily (lol), but we do.  

Beverly, if you should ever read this post, don't be embarrassed cause I know you don't like the mushy stuff.  But thank you and I love you!

Cathy



 

9 comments:

  1. How fun! Having a compatible shopping partner is priceless! I've not worn my earrings since the pandemic began, but I'm still on the fence about having them re-pierced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear mine some of the time, but not always. Hoping to start wearing them more.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Fo bargains and coupons and a good shopping partner! You've reminded me I just got a big Bath & Body Works coupon and want to get some new body sprays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh tomatoes and a box of earrings!! That's pretty special, for sure. I enjoyed your post!! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very happy with both. Have a great weekend Terri

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had fun with your sister. That is nice that she invited you to a retreat. I have helped organize many women's retreats from 1995-2006 when I was part of the Women's Ministry at my church. They are special, especially when they have a craft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it. Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. What a nice post. I don't have a sister....but I do have a few good shopping buddies. The ones who are content to simply browse at my pace. And like to shop with coupons:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy