If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge



Click above to link up.

1. Volume 478. Sounds like a lot. Where were you in 1978? If you weren't born where were you in 2008? I was still living at home with my parents on the farm and I was in my 2nd year of working for the police department in my city.  As for 2008, I started writing this blog on September 13th of 2008.  

2. Raise your hand if you remember records playing at a speed of 78 rpm? I do remember as we may have had 1 or 2 of them, but mostly because our stereo had a setting for 78's.  However, when I was young 33's and 45's were what was popular. What's a topic that when it comes up you 'sound like a broken record'? Probably when I talk about loving being retired.

3. What's the last thing you recorded in some way? It was probably a voice mail.

4. Thursday is the first day of fall (in the northern hemisphere). How do you feel about the changing seasons? I like the changing of seasons.  I love living in a place where we see changes from all 4 seasons.  There is much beauty in all of them.  Something you're looking forward to this fall? Our trip to Myrtle Beach.

5. In what way (or ways) are you like the apple that didn't 'fall far from the tree'? I'm very similar to my mother in looks (as I age I look more and more like her) and according to my sister, I act like my mom too.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 



Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. I agree! Even after 4 years, witnessing the change of seasons still thrills me. Your 'random' meme is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lived here all my life and still enjoy the seasons!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've had your blog for a long time! I did start blogging on WordPress in 2007, but didn't start my current blog till 2018.

    Enjoy your trip to Myrtle Beach if I don't see you around the blog before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of farm did your parents have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty small. Dad always wanted this particular property and when the owner passed away, he bought it. I was a freshman in high school. At different times and some all at the same time, we had cows (a milking cow for 1 year), pigs, rabbits, turkeys, chickens, even a horse and pony. Of course, a big garden and even grew and baled hay a couple years at least once, field corn that we had to pick by hand and it was used to feed the animals. And dad raised bees for several years too.

      Delete
  4. Who doesn't love Miss Piggy!! Cathy, I enjoyed all of your answers. Joyce always brings us a fun Hodgepodge! Blessings!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started my blog in January of 2009, so very similar timing. A lot of life has been lived since then and I'm so glad to have it recorded here. It's been fun getting to know you through our blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I started my blog late in 2009, early 2010. In 1978 we were in our first church pastorate, and our kids were little, aged 7, 5, and 1. I was a very busy young mother and Pastor's wife. I love your last quote from Miss Piggy. Lately I'm feeling like I must be quite stylish. LOL. Sadly, most of my clothes no longer fit very well, so I need some NEW styles! LOL. I know you are happy about being retired. I'm sure you are wondering how you ever worked so long and how did you ever get anything else done! That's what happens when we retire. LOL. Enjoy every moment. Time flies way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked these questions.. and I am surprised that you are not that much younger than I am. You look so much younger. We both started blogging the same year. I wish blogger would have improved a bit in all those years!!! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your answers. The questions were great this week. The last photo was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your answers and I hope Myrtle Beach is doing okay with Ian. Love your random thought. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy