If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


Click above to link up with Joyce and the Hodgepodge

1. Tell us a little bit about the best birthday you've ever had. I have no idea which was best.  Typically, we go out for lunch somewhere (this year was Olive Garden) and have a small cake. Simple is just how I like it.

2. In what way(s) have you changed in the last five years? For one I'm retired now and I truly love the freedom of that.  The other is I'm a cancer survivor (6 years now) and that surely changed my perspective on life and makes me thankful to wake up another day on this side of the dirt.

3. What's your favorite thing about the street on which you live? Our neighbors are really nice and so many have such beautiful flowers, plus it's fairly quiet and a great place to walk.  If I start at our house and walk up to the cul-de-sac and then back that is just over a mile which is what I try to do at least 5 times a week.  Although, sometimes I go over to the other streets and change up my routes.  I really love our neighborhood.

4. The Hodgepodge lands on National Beer Day...are you a beer drinker? No, I've never had one. What's a recipe you make that lists beer as one of the ingredients? I don't have one, however I don't mind beer-battered onion rings.  I just don't make them, I order them at a restaurant. If not beer, how about yeast? Nope, no recipes with that either.

5. As I grow older I would like to be a woman who walks closely with God and shows love and encouragement to all. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.
My grandson and his mom and dad are supposed to be in town tomorrow for a few days.  We won't be seeing Matt as he has a lot going on (which is why they are in Ohio).  Kerri is making plans with friends so we may have some time with Colton with and without her.  We'll see what happens.  That being said I'm really looking forward to seeing my grandson. 

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy 


16 comments:

  1. So glad you'll get to see your grandson! Enjoy time with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time with your grandson! I love the cartoon -- 19 pounds per woman - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cartoon is SO funny! Definitely, it takes a real brush with death to make one appreciate every day. Congratulations on the 6-year mark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at that cartoon at the end! I can only imagine how your perspective will change after surviving cancer. You have me craving onion rings! Hope you get some special times with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time this afternoon and he's spending the night with us Saturday.

      Delete
  5. I know you will love every minute with your grandson!! From one cancer survivor to another - cheers!! I enjoyed your post and wish you a lovely Thursday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to you too! It does give a bit of a different perspective.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on being a cancer survivor! That's definitely a wonderful change! I hope you enjoy the time with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a wonderful time with your grandson! It's so great that you like your neighborhood. So many do not so its great to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being cancer free is the most beautiful blessing. Love your answer for #5 "walks closely with God and shows love and encouragement to all." I'm so excited for you that you will be seeing Colton. Enjoy each precious moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy